RCBS Powder measure baffle.

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: RCBS Powder measure baffle.

#21 Post by 1066 »

I've had very good results with the old Lee perfect powder measure, although only I use it to throw the bulk charge before trickling.

The old Lyman 55 came with a built in toffee hammer. :)
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
shoppe
Home club or Range: Any field

#22 Post by shoppe »

I had a few perfect powder measures for over 40 years. I once had a hornady measure but it was not as good as the Lee measure. I " upgraded " to the deluxe measure about a year ago,It is really good. Why spend more?
shoppe
Home club or Range: Any field

#23 Post by shoppe »

With the built in toffee hammer, is that admitting the powder is not flowing down great? I know different powders will suit some measures better than other measures
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#24 Post by Alpha1 »

I fitted the powder baffles to the two RCBS powder measures. I havent used them yet.
I had a play with the Lee powder dispenser for some .308 I loaded 15 using tac and 15 using N140 I had one bridging with the N140. It was fairly consistant weight wise I weighed each charge on a beam scale. I will have another go later.
Alpha1

#25 Post by Alpha1 »

The drum kit turned up I fitted one and loaded some .308 using Vit N140. All went well and no binds and consistant weights once I got it set up. Early days but I will have a play with it later and see how I get on.
Alpha1

#26 Post by Alpha1 »

I replaced the bottle powder holder with the old style round hopper with the open top if you are setting it up and calibrating your load you can not dump the powder back into the bottle. So I replaced it with the open top round red hopper.
Once the drums are set up for your preferred load its a simple job to refit the bottle or you can screw the bottle adapter directly onto your tub of powder and mount that on the powder dispenser. I did that with the tub of Tac. Up to now I have to say it seems to work ok except for the instructions they tell you to pour a measured charge into the drum cavity then turn the screw until the powder is level with the top of the drum to set your charge weight. Unless you have four hands a messy business may be there is a technique you have to learn. I ended up on two occasions with powder all over the desk top and all over the floor. I am sure there is better way to do it I will work it out.
Alpha1

#27 Post by Alpha1 »

I worked out a system of calibrating the Lee powder drums its called trial and error. I have them set up now so they don't need to be altered. Up to now the measure is performing OK and dropping consistent weights of powder.

I fitted the baffles to two RCBS powder measures and up to now no issues with binding or dumping powder on my desk.