Gun safe

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Tallguy

Gun safe

#1 Post by Tallguy »

Am in need of a Section 1 gun safe. It will need to hold minimum 5 guns, inc a scoped M&P15:22, Benelli Nova Speed, scoped box fed shotgun, an air rifle and a lightweight sport rifle. Needs to be 1500mm tall as I have long barrels and stock extensions etc. Don't want an internal locking box for ammo as I have a separate ammo safe. Nothing suitable from BSA, am looking at Brattonsound. Any others to consider that would fit my requirements?

TIA.
Polchraine

Re: Gun safe

#2 Post by Polchraine »

You cannot go wrong with Brattonsound. One of their Sentinel Plus range - 1515 High, 407 Wide, 346 Deep. No shelf/top box. There are two variants MT9+ and RD7+ and I believe the only difference is the foam insert. Give Brattonsound themselves a call and get the exact details from them.

When I have bought in the past, the dealers tend not to have them in stock. So, as I do, find your favourite dealer and order through him with a requirement for Brattonsound to deliver direct to you. That way, you save one lot of delivery charge or going to collect, the dealer gets a sale without doing to much and does not handle it so he saves too.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

I have the Bratton 8/9 gun and for the type of guns you have (similar to mine) you will JUST get 5 guns in the main compartment. Adding one or two to the back of the door can help but you need to be careful with how they line up with one another.

If i was buying again I'd have a look at something bigger like the GDK 14 gun cabinet. If it wasn't for the fact I have to side mount my other cabinet I'd have switched it out for one of those.
DVC
flamoudi
Home club or Range: CVPC Ashgill Scotland

#4 Post by flamoudi »

Consider two safes if you have the space. I had three at one point, now two. Safes are laid flat in the loft and guns remain in their slips so nice and cosy. The bench rest rifle is a greedy beggar and hugs all the space,
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#5 Post by bradaz11 »

reloadinguk have just emailed out a sale list today, they have brattonsound safes cheap, sl7+ for £316 but i think its only for a day or so
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Polchraine

#6 Post by Polchraine »

bradaz11 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:36 am reloadinguk have just emailed out a sale list today, they have brattonsound safes cheap, sl7+ for £316 but i think its only for a day or so
That will not meet the OPs needs though. It has te internal locking topbox and is the shallow 207mm type.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#7 Post by GeeRam »

Polchraine wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:55 pm You cannot go wrong with Brattonsound. One of their Sentinel Plus range - 1515 High, 407 Wide, 346 Deep. No shelf/top box. There are two variants MT9+ and RD7+ and I believe the only difference is the foam insert. Give Brattonsound themselves a call and get the exact details from them.
I have the RD7+ and it will certainly meet the OP's needs. :good:
shoppe
Home club or Range: Any field

#8 Post by shoppe »

How about infac cabinets? I have two and both are large sizes. They are good quality.
AL8

#9 Post by AL8 »

GDK do the job well, especially for the price.
Tallguy

#10 Post by Tallguy »

Lots of suggestions - thank you all so much. I have decided on an MT9+ or the smaller GDK extra tall. I have a couple of weeks to decide. Thanks again.