Alternative to Sierra MatchKing HPBT

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
MistAgain

Re: Alternative to Sierra MatchKing HPBT

#11 Post by MistAgain »

You could try MME bullets .

There are plenty of good reports out there on the other boards .
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#12 Post by shugie »

I can see the Lapua at Sportsmans, but they only deliver to "local gun centre", which I suspect is an additional cost for somewhere like Fultons or the range office. But I would like to try them
Careful now/that sort of thing
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#13 Post by mag41uk »

shugie wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm I can see the Lapua at Sportsmans, but they only deliver to "local gun centre", which I suspect is an additional cost for somewhere like Fultons or the range office. But I would like to try them
I just had a look using the 170grn lapua lockbase. (great long range bullet btw)
The box where it says "local gun dealer" is a drop down box. Select e.g Exeter then you can add order from there.
I just ordered 2k 6.5 Lapuas and delivery was an extra £7.99.
Or try Myles at MBR Sporting for a price and collect from Bisleycentric.

Sadly the standard 155 scenar has now been replaced by the scenar L (pricier)
The standard 167 scenar is still around and is a great 308 bullet.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#14 Post by Pete »

Try Foxfirearms......you'll need to ring him. See here:

http://www.diggleranges.com/index.php/d ... nformation

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#15 Post by meles meles »

We'd add our voice to those recommending MME bullets. They are every bit as good as the Bergers and SMKs we used to use, at significantly less cost. We use MME's Wimbledon Match out to 1,000 mards and the Mistral - T from 1,000 to 2,000 mards. Peter, who makes the bullets, is a delight to deal with and will always try and tailor the bullets to your needs if you have something special you require.

The rebated boat tail, similar to that on Lapua's D46 bullets, really does seem to make a significant performance difference, especially at longer ranges. The Wimbledon Match bullet is really good out to 1,000 mards whereas we found the Berger we used previously started to tail off significantly from about 800 mards onwards

http://mmeriflebullets.co.uk

Declaration of interest: That's our .338 group on the MME feedback page, on the 100m zero range we got a .3 MOA group from 5 shots. At 2,000 mards we were still hitting the target...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#16 Post by dodgyrog »

PM sent
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Andy

#17 Post by Andy »

I bought some MME 168gr Wimbledon match from him at the northern shooting show. I am yet to try them but they do look good quality and are very consistent weights. If they perform as good as the ppu match bullets I'll buy the MME from now on. I'd much prefer to support a British company and it'll mean the supply won't drop off like it has for other manufacturers.

We just need a UK manufacturer for primers now.
flamoudi
Home club or Range: CVPC Ashgill Scotland

#18 Post by flamoudi »

Ive contacted MME and Pete was quick to reply. I'm all for supporting our business people here. There is a wait time but this might be how we have to do ordering now with all the shortages.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#19 Post by Sim G »

Quick question as I couldn’t discern from MMEs site and I appreciate they are “custom”, but what sort of costs are their bullets?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
flamoudi
Home club or Range: CVPC Ashgill Scotland

#20 Post by flamoudi »

Pete will send you a price list when you email him. I sent him my requirements and got a price list. I's guestimate they are 20% cheaper?