Chris Packham is at it again

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Chris Packham is at it again

#11 Post by Pete »

The notion that anyone who uses a gun for whatever reason should automatically consider themselves a member of some elite "band of brothers" is absurd.
As far as I'm concerned, target shooting is simply a fascinating hobby that I can enjoy in the company of others if I choose, or by myself.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

Pete wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:27 am The notion that anyone who uses a gun for whatever reason should automatically consider themselves a member of some elite "band of brothers" is absurd.
As far as I'm concerned, target shooting is simply a fascinating hobby that I can enjoy in the company of others if I choose, or by myself.

Pete
Yes it is absurd, particularly since no one mentioned it?! 5mith Cloth-cap slipping there fella lol

Failing to band together is the main reason we're in the sh**ty position we are now. Congratulations on you being able to shoot your limited chosen discipline(s), your son/daughter/grandson/granddaughter might not be so lucky.

Serious question, are you 'Jenks'? The similarities are startling.
DVC
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by Pete »

No one mentioned it?? Since I resumed shooting, I've lost count of the times I've heard the "we should stick together" mantra.
If it hadn't been for the likes of Marlborough & Dunblane, caused by FAC holders remember, in all probability we'd still be enjoying pistols and everything else that's been banned.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Christel
Site Admin

#14 Post by Christel »

Pete, hmmm...that is twisting what happened to suit an agenda...
Graham M

#15 Post by Graham M »

Pete wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:55 am No one mentioned it?? Since I resumed shooting, I've lost count of the times I've heard the "we should stick together" mantra.
If it hadn't been for the likes of Marlborough & Dunblane, caused by FAC holders remember, in all probability we'd still be enjoying pistols and everything else that's been banned.

Pete
I think you mean Hungerford.
But I digress. As a smallbore prone target rifle shooter myself I am sick of one discipline trying to throw another discipline under the bus in a vain hope that their own sport will survive.
On a different forum I had this same argument with a game shooter. His take on things was that if HE had to use non-toxic shot, then so should target shooters. I tried to explain that there simply wasn't an alternative to lead for .22 target bullets and if they were banned then prone rifle would be a thing of the past. His answer was basically "Tough sh!t".
So there we have it; as long as someone else has THEIR sport taken away it's OK as long as I can keep mine.
Ain't gonna happen because once the antis get one shooting discipline banned they immediately head for the next. bangbang
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Christel
Site Admin

#16 Post by Christel »

As far as I know, please correct me if wrong, all shooting atrocities that have taken place in the UK were by people who the police should not have issued a certificate to. However that is swept under the table and a ban has been put in place.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#17 Post by Blackstuff »

Pete wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:55 am No one mentioned it?? Since I resumed shooting, I've lost count of the times I've heard the "we should stick together" mantra.

Pete
"Sticking together" = "elite band of brothers" in your mind? wtf Fairly certain you're just here to stir the pot now/are Jenks :run:
DVC
Graham M

#18 Post by Graham M »

Yup Michael Ryan was a nutter who should never have had a gun. And Thomas Hamilton, who was allowed to renew his FAC despite a sergeant at his area force pleading with the DCC not to give it to him.
Strange how that DCC was given a promotion after all the fuss have died down a little, so that he could retire on a higher pension and bugger off the Australia.
https://www.scotsman.com/news/who-does- ... ct-2470658
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
AL8

#19 Post by AL8 »

Some members of society will only be happy when all private ownership of firearms are banned.
They will not stop at individual disciplines, to them all firearms are dangerous.
Next will be fishing, then whatever else they do not like or understand
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#20 Post by Daryll »

Graham M wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:23 am
On a different forum I had this same argument with a game shooter. His take on things was that if HE had to use non-toxic shot, then so should target shooters. I tried to explain that there simply wasn't an alternative to lead for .22 target bullets and if they were banned then prone rifle would be a thing of the past. His answer was basically "Tough sh!t".
You could have pointed out that he is spreading lead all over the countryside, where are you are putting it into a nicely contained backstop...