Insurance

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
MetalMagus
Home club or Range: Oop Norf....on a need to know basis

Insurance

#1 Post by MetalMagus »

Morning folks,

Looking for some feedback on the best companies or organisations out there for shooting insurance.
Fingers crossed will never need to use it. But keen to understand who offers the best service / value for money.

I only shoot target from recognised ranges. So wouldn't require anything with regard to shooting on open land, etc.

Thanks
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Insurance

#2 Post by Pippin89 »

If you are a member of the NSRA or NRA then you are covered with them. If you are a member of a club that is affiliated with either of those, and only shoot with that club then you are also covered. If none of the previous applies, then BASC are usually the next go to. It will also cover you for field work but is cheap enough not to worry about paying for something you're not using.
Ben Denise

#3 Post by Ben Denise »

Depending on what you are looking to be covered,your home insurance may already cover you.

Most decent home policies will cover the home-owners liability as standard, which generally extends to include third party sporting injury, and your kit can be added to the All Risk/Personal Possessions section for a small cost.
MetalMagus

#4 Post by MetalMagus »

Thanks for the replies. The club I am a member of is NRA affiliated. So should be covered by them. I will ask them for more details. Might shop about for insurance for my firearms, maybe look at the house insurance policy to see what they cover.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#5 Post by Geek »

I use these for third party insurance: https://www.ccc3.co.uk/home

I have my firearms insured on my house contents insurance (only need to declare anything above £2000).
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
MetalMagus

#6 Post by MetalMagus »

Thanks for the link. I will take a look