Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

Moderator: dromia

Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#1 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Latest information/news regarding Covid 19. Everyone over 50 and other risk groups are going to be offered another round vaccination from September.
I for one will be taking it following this recent upsurge in infections and new variants (( How many of you are going to accept this offer )) I have had no problem with the other 3 I was given.

All UK adults aged 50 and over will be offered coronavirus booster and flu jabs from September
Everyone aged 50 and over will be offered a Covid-19 booster and a flu jab from September under plans to increase protection against respiratory viruses ahead of winter.
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has now published its final recommendations for this autumn’s programme that will cover some 26 million people.
Under the advice, those eligible for a further dose will be residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults, frontline health and social care workers, and all adults aged 50 and over.
In addition, those aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group, including pregnant women, people aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression, and 16 to 49-year-olds who are carers will also be offered a booster.

It will be a fifth Covid vaccine dose for the over-75s and a potential sixth dose for the immunosuppressed amid concerns of waning immunity. Health officials are expected to use Moderna and Pfizer vaccines for the latest rollout.

The decision comes after Covid-19 infections in the UK have jumped by nearly 800,000 in a week, with some parts of the country nearing the record levels seen during the spring. Hospital numbers are also continuing to increase, driven by the spread of the latest coronavirus subvariants Omicron BA.4 and BA.5.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#2 Post by GeeRam »

Mauserbill wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:36 pm Hello
Latest information/news regarding Covid 19. Everyone over 50 and other risk groups are going to be offered another round vaccination from September.
I for one will be taking it following this recent upsurge in infections and new variants (( How many of you are going to accept this offer )) I have had no problem with the other 3 I was given.
I will too.

I fully expect to be having some form of jab for Covid yearly for the rest of my days, even if within a few years time, it has just become combined with the yearly flu jab.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#3 Post by Pete »

= 1 for the booster. Another jab worth a look is for shingles.........I didn't know about this, but if you've had chicken pox, the virus is still dormant in there somewhere.
Apart from a very painful rash, it can blind you...
And then there's the scan for abdominal aortic embolism.....

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#4 Post by 20series »

Yep I will be as will the wife, we both work in the NHS anyway but fully expect to be needing an annual booster

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#5 Post by waterford103 »

I just won't bother , I am 74 and to best knowledge never had so much as a cold or flu' . my immune system very much must be working as designed , one of my shooting friends however has gone downhill rather fast , immune system compromised no thank you.So thanks but no thanks .
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Polchraine

#6 Post by Polchraine »

waterford103 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:52 am I just won't bother , I am 74 and to best knowledge never had so much as a cold or flu' . my immune system very much must be working as designed , one of my shooting friends however has gone downhill rather fast , immune system compromised no thank you.So thanks but no thanks .

Are you sure the wee-krankie was planning to offer them to the older Scots? After all most of your generation see sense and vote appropriately which is not what is wanted.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
waterford103

#7 Post by waterford103 »

Wee krankie is on her outers anyway , the "chosen" SNP voters not only flocked to the polls in desperation but also to the needle 'cos Krankie told them to. Had Boris not made such a balls up Krankie would be ancient history by no , gone the way of the greens and libs.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Polchraine

#8 Post by Polchraine »

waterford103 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:15 pm Wee krankie is on her outers anyway , the "chosen" SNP voters not only flocked to the polls in desperation but also to the needle 'cos Krankie told them to. Had Boris not made such a balls up Krankie would be ancient history by no , gone the way of the greens and libs.

Are you in one of the Conservatives constiuencies or te encircled SNP one?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
waterford103

#9 Post by waterford103 »

Conservative thankfully
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#10 Post by Pete »

Your first post sounds like your mate went downhill because he had the booster dose........is that what you meant?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....