Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

Moderator: dromia

Message
Author
ordnance
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: N. Ireland. UK.
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#31 Post by ordnance »

The side effects for the CV19 jab are still not fully understood but they range from loss of smell/taste, temporary and permanent paralysis, heart failure/permanent damage, and death.
You are much more likely to have similar outcomes from Covid, I don't know any medications that don't have possible and actual Side effects why would the Covid vaccines be any different.
User avatar
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020
Posts: 8190
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#32 Post by Alpha1 »

I can not believe that one of the only threads running on a Shooting forum is about Covid injections. Don't any of you shoot or reload any more.
User avatar
Pippin89
Posts: 823
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
Location: West Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#33 Post by Pippin89 »

Pete wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:30 pm There was a TV prog, chaired by Dr Hannah Fry.....she had a group of antivaxxers for a weekend to discuss why they felt the way they did, but I switched off when she presented a guy who believed that there was a chip in the vaccine that would enable govts. to kill individuals as soon as 5G was rolled out around the world.

Pete
Ah, Hannah Fry.... My kind of woman. If you want a good laugh then look up Behind the Curve. Its a documentary following a group of flat earthers. It is on Netflix but you will probably find it somewhere else.
Alpha1 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:20 pm I can not believe that one of the only threads running on a Shooting forum is about Covid injections. Don't any of you shoot or reload any more.
Yep... and the last thing we want is another lockdown that prevents us from doing such a thing. Which, of course, the antivaxxers will blame on the government rather than themselves....
User avatar
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015
Posts: 7376
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#34 Post by Blackstuff »

ordnance wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:58 pm
That still doesn’t get away from the fact that 25-29,000 people STILL DO DIE from Flu and Influenza every year, i'm sure it doesn't make a difference to those people or their families if it has an ‘off season'?? It still returns and still kills far more people every year than CV19 has, in total, to date. Some of those deaths would be preventable through an ‘enforced’/’encouraged’ (view point) prevention program as has been done with CV19.
And how many would die from Flu and Influenza every year if they didn't get the flu vaccine, the restrictions are over the post is about the Covid booster.
Last I checked people weren't being coerced into getting the flu vaccine and it wasn't being foisted on people for which it has little to no benefit (i.e. children), but as you say below every mediation carries the potential for side-effects, possibly one of the reasons it isn't 'mandatory', it doesn't add up in the cost/benefit balanace.
ordnance wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:18 pm
The side effects for the CV19 jab are still not fully understood but they range from loss of smell/taste, temporary and permanent paralysis, heart failure/permanent damage, and death.
You are much more likely to have similar outcomes from Covid, I don't know any medications that don't have possible and actual Side effects why would the Covid vaccines be any different.
Because the other medications have had a proper trial period and 99.9% of the side effects are both known and publicised. That is literally my entire point. wallhead
DVC
User avatar
Pippin89
Posts: 823
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
Location: West Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#35 Post by Pippin89 »

Blackstuff wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:26 am
Because the other medications have had a proper trial period and 99.9% of the side effects are both known and publicised. That is literally my entire point. wallhead
A point which I clearly pointed out was misguided several comments ago but you chose to ignore the facts on that.... " wallhead "
User avatar
Pippin89
Posts: 823
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
Location: West Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#36 Post by Pippin89 »

Pippin89 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:42 am
Blackstuff wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:26 am
Because the other medications have had a proper trial period and 99.9% of the side effects are both known and publicised. That is literally my entire point. wallhead
A point which I clearly pointed out was misguided several comments ago but you chose to ignore the facts on that.... " wallhead "
Pippin89 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:42 am Coronaviruses are not new diseases... in fact the common cold is categorised as a Coronavirus. As such, many companies around the world have been developing vaccines for such diseases for, not just years, but decades! The currently used vaccines were not developed from scratch but merely fine tuned from already tried and tested vaccines to combat this particular strain, in exactly the same way that the flu jab is every year. All this is to say that the long term effects are already well documented and known and have been well before Covid-19 was a thing.
User avatar
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015
Posts: 7376
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#37 Post by Blackstuff »

Pippin89 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:43 am
Pippin89 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:42 am
Blackstuff wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:26 am
Because the other medications have had a proper trial period and 99.9% of the side effects are both known and publicised. That is literally my entire point. wallhead
A point which I clearly pointed out was misguided several comments ago but you chose to ignore the facts on that.... " wallhead "
Pippin89 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:42 am Coronaviruses are not new diseases... in fact the common cold is categorised as a Coronavirus. As such, many companies around the world have been developing vaccines for such diseases for, not just years, but decades! The currently used vaccines were not developed from scratch but merely fine tuned from already tried and tested vaccines to combat this particular strain, in exactly the same way that the flu jab is every year. All this is to say that the long term effects are already well documented and known and have been well before Covid-19 was a thing.
Not sure you have a leg to stand on when it comes to ignoring things pointed out/questions asked, but the reason I ignored it/didn't address it directly is because what you wrote isn't true/relevant. The CV19 jab was, and still is touted as being brought about in an ENTIRELY new way (whether that's a good or bad thing isn't my point BTW), which is more relevant than the fact CV19 is a coronavirus and there are already properly trialled vaccines for some other coronaviruses. The virologist in the 'Unvaccinated' program mentioned above states that more than once. The long term effects of the jab are still unknown, because, er, its 'new' and no one has invented time travel yet. Myocarditis and Bells Palsy weren't added to the possible side effects list until at least late 2020/early 2021, the former mainly effecting younger people, the people who are least effected by CV19.

You're never going to convince me that the jab balances or weighs in favour of a person under 50 with no comorbidities, so lets waste no more time on this? I'll be happy to be proven wrong about the jab in 5-10 years time.
DVC
User avatar
Plumose
Past Supporter
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:00 pm
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#38 Post by Plumose »

Blackstuff wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 am

Not sure you have a leg to stand on when it comes to ignoring things pointed out/questions asked, but the reason I ignored it/didn't address it directly is because what you wrote isn't true/relevant. The CV19 jab was, and still is touted as being brought about in an ENTIRELY new way (whether that's a good or bad thing isn't my point BTW), which is more relevant than the fact CV19 is a coronavirus and there are already properly trialled vaccines for some other coronaviruses. The virologist in the 'Unvaccinated' program mentioned above states that more than once. The long term effects of the jab are still unknown, because, er, its 'new' and no one has invented time travel yet. Myocarditis and Bells Palsy weren't added to the possible side effects list until at least late 2020/early 2021, the former mainly effecting younger people, the people who are least effected by CV19.

You're never going to convince me that the jab balances or weighs in favour of a person under 50 with no comorbidities, so lets waste no more time on this? I'll be happy to be proven wrong about the jab in 5-10 years time.
Can I ask which of the multiple vaccines, based on more than one existing technology, you are talking about?
The only parts of the trials for any developed in the UK that were accelerated was the initial approvals all the rest of it still had to confirm to the usual standards both here and around the world.
As stated before another part of the reasons that the vaccines were able to be developed and complete trials quickly was that they were all under development for related viruses so most of the work had already been done.

There are incredibly strict rules around medicine development and testing, and when any potential issues are/were found the testing is paused while it is assessed and this happened several times for several of the vaccines.

I know several people who are involved in vaccine research and listen to them when they talk, and they have all had every Covid vaccine that they have been offered (and have the 'flu vaccine each year which is different every time) and will continue to get vaccinated when additional rounds are offered to them. And based on that I will too.

Herd immunity is also an important factor, so getting everyone who can be vaccinated to be vaccinated to do so is important for those that can be, if that may be because they are allergic to some component or they are too young or immunocompromised. This is part of being a functional society.
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Airbrush
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:26 am
Home club or Range: Nra
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#39 Post by Airbrush »

I was coerced into getting the flu jab by wifey last year for the first time even though I’ve never had flu apart from ‘man flu’ obviously. Never again I was on the loo for 4 days afterwards. wtf
User avatar
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:04 am
Home club or Range: Rossendale Fusiliers and Diggle Range
Location: North West
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#40 Post by Geek »

Plumose wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:03 pm
Blackstuff wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 am

Not sure you have a leg to stand on when it comes to ignoring things pointed out/questions asked, but the reason I ignored it/didn't address it directly is because what you wrote isn't true/relevant. The CV19 jab was, and still is touted as being brought about in an ENTIRELY new way (whether that's a good or bad thing isn't my point BTW), which is more relevant than the fact CV19 is a coronavirus and there are already properly trialled vaccines for some other coronaviruses. The virologist in the 'Unvaccinated' program mentioned above states that more than once. The long term effects of the jab are still unknown, because, er, its 'new' and no one has invented time travel yet. Myocarditis and Bells Palsy weren't added to the possible side effects list until at least late 2020/early 2021, the former mainly effecting younger people, the people who are least effected by CV19.

You're never going to convince me that the jab balances or weighs in favour of a person under 50 with no comorbidities, so lets waste no more time on this? I'll be happy to be proven wrong about the jab in 5-10 years time.
Can I ask which of the multiple vaccines, based on more than one existing technology, you are talking about?
The only parts of the trials for any developed in the UK that were accelerated was the initial approvals all the rest of it still had to confirm to the usual standards both here and around the world.
As stated before another part of the reasons that the vaccines were able to be developed and complete trials quickly was that they were all under development for related viruses so most of the work had already been done.

There are incredibly strict rules around medicine development and testing, and when any potential issues are/were found the testing is paused while it is assessed and this happened several times for several of the vaccines.

I know several people who are involved in vaccine research and listen to them when they talk, and they have all had every Covid vaccine that they have been offered (and have the 'flu vaccine each year which is different every time) and will continue to get vaccinated when additional rounds are offered to them. And based on that I will too.

Herd immunity is also an important factor, so getting everyone who can be vaccinated to be vaccinated to do so is important for those that can be, if that may be because they are allergic to some component or they are too young or immunocompromised. This is part of being a functional society.
I know someone who is in the pharm industry and was involved in setting up covid testing labs - they have not had any of the vaccines or boosters. In their professional opinion, it doesn't meet the criteria for a vaccine.

I had the two initial vaccines (with hindsight, not sure I would have them given the choice again). Also had covid for the first time last week (felt ill and tired and wiped out for a day, then OK for a day, then tired for another day [tested positive for covid for three days, so didn't leave the house] then felt ok) and I will NOT be having any further covid vaccines or boosters. Each to their own choice as far as I am concerned. For comparison, my wife has had all covid current vaccines and boosters and has had covid twice (2020 and the week prior to me).
Regards,

Geek


AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), 10/22 and American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests