Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

Moderator: dromia

Message
Author
User avatar
Dark Skies
Posts: 2655
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 am
Home club or Range: NRA
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#41 Post by Dark Skies »

Pippin89 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:36 am
Ah, Hannah Fry.... My kind of woman. If you want a good laugh then look up Behind the Curve. Its a documentary following a group of flat earthers. It is on Netflix but you will probably find it somewhere else.
Is that the one, where at some point, there's a shot at a flat earther holding forth against a horizon that is clearly curved?
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
- Woody Allen
User avatar
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015
Posts: 7376
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#42 Post by Blackstuff »

Plumose wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:03 pm

Can I ask which of the multiple vaccines, based on more than one existing technology, you are talking about?
Oxford/Astra, Moderna and Pfizer.

I too know people who work in the field of virology, in a hospital that specialises in it, and they recommended not getting at least the first batches of the jab, which helped to inform my choice, which for me and my family has turned out to be the right one.

Roll the dice, make YOUR choice but the jab is NOT right for a sizable portion of the population with current understanding of it, IMO.
DVC
User avatar
Pippin89
Posts: 823
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
Location: West Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#43 Post by Pippin89 »

Blackstuff wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 am The CV19 jab was, and still is touted as being brought about in an ENTIRELY new way
No, its not.... it is being celebrated (well some of them) as being an mRNA vaccine which is a relatively "new" technology. "New" in this instance refers to the fact that it was first approved for use in the 90s. It was discovered in the 60s and has been rigorously tested for decades. The first full scale trial of mRNA vaccines was completed in 2015 as a replacement for the current flu jab. No one (except maybe the media and conspiracy nuts) is suggesting that this is a brand new and untested technology because that just isn't true.
Blackstuff wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 am I'll be happy to be proven wrong about the jab in 5-10 years time.
As above, the first human trial finished in 2015. 7 years ago. Consider yourself proven wrong.
Geek wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:03 pm
I know someone who is in the pharm industry and was involved in setting up covid testing labs - they have not had any of the vaccines or boosters. In their professional opinion, it doesn't meet the criteria for a vaccine.

I had the two initial vaccines (with hindsight, not sure I would have them given the choice again). Also had covid for the first time last week (felt ill and tired and wiped out for a day, then OK for a day, then tired for another day [tested positive for covid for three days, so didn't leave the house] then felt ok) and I will NOT be having any further covid vaccines or boosters. Each to their own choice as far as I am concerned. For comparison, my wife has had all covid current vaccines and boosters and has had covid twice (2020 and the week prior to me).
I also work in the industry and I'm afraid your friend is talking utter crap... All the vaccines have been tested to every criteria required and in most cases have been tested even more rigorously than required.
User avatar
Pippin89
Posts: 823
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
Location: West Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#44 Post by Pippin89 »

Dark Skies wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:37 pm
Pippin89 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:36 am
Ah, Hannah Fry.... My kind of woman. If you want a good laugh then look up Behind the Curve. Its a documentary following a group of flat earthers. It is on Netflix but you will probably find it somewhere else.
Is that the one, where at some point, there's a shot at a flat earther holding forth against a horizon that is clearly curved?
Oh there are all too many of those. There are many many pictures that flat earthers post of "flat" horizons with the caption "show me the curve". A particular hobby of mine is to take their own pictures, squeeze them laterally to accentuate the curve and then send it back to them with a big arrow pointing at the curve.
But the Netflix documentary has them disproving themselves in much better ways. I don't want to ruin it for you. Just be ready to laugh at them!
lapua338
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#45 Post by lapua338 »

What's the difference between Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca (and other so-called vaccines) and Elisjsha Dicken?

Dicken's 8 shots worked.
User avatar
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:04 am
Home club or Range: Rossendale Fusiliers and Diggle Range
Location: North West
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#46 Post by Geek »

Pippin89 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:27 am
I also work in the industry and I'm afraid your friend is talking utter crap... All the vaccines have been tested to every criteria required and in most cases have been tested even more rigorously than required.
As I said each to their own, however, I am sure more people are now refusing the boosters and I would expect that number to increase as more and more boosters are 'recommended'.
Regards,

Geek


AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), 10/22 and American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
User avatar
Graham M
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:14 pm
Location: Brum
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#47 Post by Graham M »

We have flu jabs every year but I don't see people refusing those because they are given every year.
But then again we still get the know-alls and who claim that they won't have the flu jab.......................because it gives you the flu. kukkuk
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015
Posts: 7376
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#48 Post by Blackstuff »

lapua338 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:53 pm What's the difference between Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca (and other so-called vaccines) and Elisjsha Dicken?

Dicken's 8 shots worked.
lol lol lol
DVC
User avatar
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015
Posts: 7376
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#49 Post by Blackstuff »

Pippin89 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:27 am
Blackstuff wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 am The CV19 jab was, and still is touted as being brought about in an ENTIRELY new way
No, its not.... it is being celebrated (well some of them) as being an mRNA vaccine which is a relatively "new" technology. "New" in this instance refers to the fact that it was first approved for use in the 90s. It was discovered in the 60s and has been rigorously tested for decades. The first full scale trial of mRNA vaccines was completed in 2015 as a replacement for the current flu jab. No one (except maybe the media and conspiracy nuts) is suggesting that this is a brand new and untested technology because that just isn't true.
Wow, you know more about it than the guy that worked on it, impressive!
Blackstuff wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 am I'll be happy to be proven wrong about the jab in 5-10 years time.

As above, the first human trial finished in 2015. 7 years ago. Consider yourself proven wrong.
Testing the exact jab formula for a disease they didn't even know about until 4 years later, now THAT'S impressive. Was there an Emmett Brown on the team by any chance? Wild white hair, crazy eyes, drives a DeLorean?
Geek wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:03 pm
I know someone who is in the pharm industry and was involved in setting up covid testing labs - they have not had any of the vaccines or boosters. In their professional opinion, it doesn't meet the criteria for a vaccine.

I had the two initial vaccines (with hindsight, not sure I would have them given the choice again). Also had covid for the first time last week (felt ill and tired and wiped out for a day, then OK for a day, then tired for another day [tested positive for covid for three days, so didn't leave the house] then felt ok) and I will NOT be having any further covid vaccines or boosters. Each to their own choice as far as I am concerned. For comparison, my wife has had all covid current vaccines and boosters and has had covid twice (2020 and the week prior to me).

I also work in the industry and I'm afraid your friend is talking utter crap... All the vaccines have been tested to every criteria required and in most cases have been tested even more rigorously than required.
Yes, yes of course oh Oracle. Now I said I wasn't going to come back to this but frankly after the above I feel i have to. Just one question jab Obi-Wan. How many people to date, or in the last recorded year have died FROM Covid with no comorbidities? (I'll not hammer the point home by asking for the age range breakdown as well.)
DVC
User avatar
Graham M
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:14 pm
Location: Brum
Contact:

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#50 Post by Graham M »

My sister-in-law died in 2021 after going into hospital with a double pneumonia. She hadn't had covid within the month nor did she have it when she died. But that's what went on her death certificate.
Earlier this year my wife's brother went into hospital suffering from a Hypo. The hospital treated him but he suddenly went downhill and had a massive heart attack.
His wife has just shown us his death certificate and the cheeky buggers have also put Covid on it.

How many people have actually died from Covid and how many have simply been given covid as their cause of death ????
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests