Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

Moderator: dromia

Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Covid 19 vaccinations for all over 50 from September

#21 Post by Pete »

A very good video..........should be required watching for all, especially vaccination sceptics like Blackstuff...

Pete
(Retired science nerd...)
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#22 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Excellent easy to follow, just reaffirmed why I am accepting the vaccinations
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#23 Post by Blackstuff »

I've seen that video at least twice before, and it provides a good basic understanding of how a virus spreads and possible determining factors on the spread. But i'm not sure the relevance to my stand point.

The virus is no where near as dangerous as first thought (this was known after the first year, but still the control measures were brought back in). If it had of been a 'Spanish Flu' type virus, then the measures brought in would have been entirely justified. The measures being outlined in the video are far more harsh if you think about what they would require in reality, probably worse than those brought in by South Africa.

The virus was, and is, only a threat to those especially vulnerable and/or have multiple comorbidities and those tiny portion of 'random'/unexplained cases. The single person I know who has any significant effects is one of the latter and was double jabbed.

The number of people who died FROM the virus is a fraction of that of those who die every year from flu and pneumonia. Those deaths are somehow just accepted as 'what happens', despite there being a full tested and certified vaccine for it. Even if you don't qualify for a free one, the cost is only £10 and it can be administered in virtually any chemist/pharmacy. Were is the moral outrage/government mandate for that?

The side effects for the CV19 jab are still not fully understood but they range from loss of smell/taste, temporary and permanent paralysis, heart failure/permanent damage, and death.

As with every aspect of life its a cost/benefit balance which is (should be) up to the individual to decide how they wish to face it, and the consequences of their actions.
DVC
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#24 Post by Pippin89 »

Blackstuff wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:29 am The virus is no where near as dangerous as first thought (this was known after the first year, but still the control measures were brought back in). If it had of been a 'Spanish Flu' type virus, then the measures brought in would have been entirely justified.
You must have missed, "at least twice", the part of the video where it explains that actually the less lethal viruses have the worse impact because they allow non-symptomatic people to continue spreading it. It even explains that the reason SARS wasn't a global pandemic, was because everyone showed symptoms very quickly so people could be identified and isolated before having a chance to pass it on. "Weaker", less symptomatic viruses are the ones that drag on endlessly (as we are seeing now) and kill more people.

Blackstuff wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:29 am The virus was, and is, only a threat to those especially vulnerable and/or have multiple comorbidities and those tiny portion of 'random'/unexplained cases. The single person I know who has any significant effects is one of the latter and was double jabbed.
This is a very poor argument. I am immunosuppressed to deal with an autoimmune disease that affects my skin. Not life threatening in itself and I lead a very normal life; but due to my suppressed immune system, Covid would be very bad for me. Your "well they would have died anyway" attitude is not relevant at all. It also comes back to the point that the vaccine is not designed to protect individuals but to slow the spread of the virus.
Blackstuff wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:29 am The number of people who died FROM the virus is a fraction of that of those who die every year from flu and pneumonia. Those deaths are somehow just accepted as 'what happens', despite there being a full tested and certified vaccine for it. Even if you don't qualify for a free one, the cost is only £10 and it can be administered in virtually any chemist/pharmacy. Were is the moral outrage/government mandate for that?
The biggest difference with Flu is that we know, come March, the season will be over and it will stop spreading. It has a predetermined end date. Yes, people die from it, and yes, we offer a vaccine to limit the impact. But the hard truth is that it will end after a couple of months and no more people will die from it. Covid does not appear to have a season. It does not end without intervention. Left uncontrolled, it would just continue to rampage, mutate and kill.
But most of all, as you would also have seen "at least twice" in that video, is the impact of spikes. Covid has had several MASSIVE spikes in severe cases, far greater than any flu season has every given. The NHS cannot cope with it and it needs to be mitigated.
Pete
Past Supporter

#25 Post by Pete »

Blackstuff, where do you get your information from?

Please don't say the daily mail, or any of the other rags.....

Pete
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#26 Post by Blackstuff »

Pippin89 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:18 am
Blackstuff wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:29 am The virus is no where near as dangerous as first thought (this was known after the first year, but still the control measures were brought back in). If it had of been a 'Spanish Flu' type virus, then the measures brought in would have been entirely justified.
You must have missed, "at least twice", the part of the video where it explains that actually the less lethal viruses have the worse impact because they allow non-symptomatic people to continue spreading it. It even explains that the reason SARS wasn't a global pandemic, was because everyone showed symptoms very quickly so people could be identified and isolated before having a chance to pass it on. "Weaker", less symptomatic viruses are the ones that drag on endlessly (as we are seeing now) and kill more people.
Can you tell me how many people you believe have died FROM Covid 19 so far? Either in total, or for the last fully recorded year.
Blackstuff wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:29 am The virus was, and is, only a threat to those especially vulnerable and/or have multiple comorbidities and those tiny portion of 'random'/unexplained cases. The single person I know who has any significant effects is one of the latter and was double jabbed.
Pippin89 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:18 am This is a very poor argument. I am immunosuppressed to deal with an autoimmune disease that affects my skin. Not life threatening in itself and I lead a very normal life; but due to my suppressed immune system, Covid would be very bad for me. Your "well they would have died anyway" attitude is not relevant at all. It also comes back to the point that the vaccine is not designed to protect individuals but to slow the spread of the virus.
Its not an argument, it was stated as fact. I did not elaborate on the consequences of the fact as you have. Everyone taking a risk for the benefit of a few has rarely been the way things have panned out in human history. I am sorry you have that condition and this virus will have doubtlessly added to your stress in dealing with it.
Blackstuff wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:29 am The number of people who died FROM the virus is a fraction of that of those who die every year from flu and pneumonia. Those deaths are somehow just accepted as 'what happens', despite there being a fully tested and certified vaccine for it. Even if you don't qualify for a free one, the cost is only £10 and it can be administered in virtually any chemist/pharmacy. Where is the moral outrage/government mandate for that?
Pippin89 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:18 am The biggest difference with Flu is that we know, come March, the season will be over and it will stop spreading. It has a predetermined end date. Yes, people die from it, and yes, we offer a vaccine to limit the impact. But the hard truth is that it will end after a couple of months and no more people will die from it. Covid does not appear to have a season. It does not end without intervention. Left uncontrolled, it would just continue to rampage, mutate and kill.
But most of all, as you would also have seen "at least twice" in that video, is the impact of spikes. Covid has had several MASSIVE spikes in severe cases, far greater than any flu season has every given. The NHS cannot cope with it and it needs to be mitigated.
That still doesn’t get away from the fact that 25-29,000 people STILL DO DIE from Flu and Influenza every year, i'm sure it doesn't make a difference to those people or their families if it has an ‘off season'?? It still returns and still kills far more people every year than CV19 has, in total, to date. Some of those deaths would be preventable through an ‘enforced’/’encouraged’ (view point) prevention program as has been done with CV19.

CV19 isn’t "rampaging" (in comparison to other viruses) and the mutations have weakened the lethality virus each time. Both of these facts are supported by the utter relaxation of protection measures in the vast majority of countries now most governments have had enough time to save face for their wild over reaction to it.
DVC
Graham M

#27 Post by Graham M »

I do agree with Blackstuff on many of his points.................but me and she-who-must-be-obeyed are still going to get our 4th vaccination when it's time.. :good:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Pete
Past Supporter

#28 Post by Pete »

There was a TV prog, chaired by Dr Hannah Fry.....she had a group of antivaxxers for a weekend to discuss why they felt the way they did, but I switched off when she presented a guy who believed that there was a chip in the vaccine that would enable govts. to kill individuals as soon as 5G was rolled out around the world.

Pete
Graham M

#29 Post by Graham M »

There are millions of eejits of the same vein all around the world.

Or should that be across the world which is, after all, flat.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
ordnance

#30 Post by ordnance »

That still doesn’t get away from the fact that 25-29,000 people STILL DO DIE from Flu and Influenza every year, i'm sure it doesn't make a difference to those people or their families if it has an ‘off season'?? It still returns and still kills far more people every year than CV19 has, in total, to date. Some of those deaths would be preventable through an ‘enforced’/’encouraged’ (view point) prevention program as has been done with CV19.
And how many would die from Flu and Influenza every year if they didn't get the flu vaccine, the restrictions are over the post is about the Covid booster.