House / Pet Sitting... and Firearms!

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: House / Pet Sitting... and Firearms!

#21 Post by GeeRam »

Dark Skies wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:16 am Also, when living in London I was the victim of a burglary, I never want to have a useless flatfoot in my house again. Two days after the event we had a visit from plod who dusted for prints. The bloke was practically gushing over how professional and neat the burglar had been. "Of course we'll never catch him." I got the impression the dabs guy would have preferred to have dated him. "Look how he's carefully removed the putty to pull the glass quietly out, even the pins are gone. And he took the putty, possibly because he'd taken his gloves off to do it and didn't want prints lying in it. Very clever."
We'd lost a lot of stuff and had files ransacked. And this guy was creaming himself at his professionalism.
While I don't disagree that the SOCO should have kept his trap shut and his thoughts to himself.........he is also civilian staff not a Police Officer, so use of the derogatory terms such as flatfoot is not appropriate in this case.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#22 Post by Dark Skies »

GeeRam wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:59 pm
Dark Skies wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:16 am Also, when living in London I was the victim of a burglary, I never want to have a useless flatfoot in my house again. Two days after the event we had a visit from plod who dusted for prints. The bloke was practically gushing over how professional and neat the burglar had been. "Of course we'll never catch him." I got the impression the dabs guy would have preferred to have dated him. "Look how he's carefully removed the putty to pull the glass quietly out, even the pins are gone. And he took the putty, possibly because he'd taken his gloves off to do it and didn't want prints lying in it. Very clever."
We'd lost a lot of stuff and had files ransacked. And this guy was creaming himself at his professionalism.
While I don't disagree that the SOCO should have kept his trap shut and his thoughts to himself.........he is also civilian staff not a Police Officer, so use of the derogatory terms such as flatfoot is not appropriate in this case.
Nope. This guy was from the Met - they're not 'civillian' staff, they're plod (although technically 'civillians' - they arebn't military, after all)
I was ex-SOCO with TVP - they're staffed by civillians.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#23 Post by Dark Skies »

CIVILIANS. I have a stickly 'L' key. Note to self, clean out crumbs.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."