Club FAC holder

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Mike95
Home club or Range: Harrowden Rifle Club

Club FAC holder

#1 Post by Mike95 »

I am the club secretary and I hold the club FAC.. my signature and my photo... I have heard on another website that several members are on a club FAC.. I do not understand how this is possible, but it sounds like a good idea. Anyone have a club FAC with several members on it?

Mike95)
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

Re: Club FAC holder

#2 Post by poll007 »

I can't confirm how it works but with my club we have just got a new club FAC in the Armorers name. However Kent police have said that we will need to have anyone that has keys to the club guns and ammo added to the club FAC.

I Assume that they will print a new FAC that has additional names on it-they've not said we need to have each person apply for and FAC just give them a list at some point. So in theory they are asking for all the range officers or anyone who might transport the guns and ammo to fullbore shoots to be listed somewhere.
PeterN

#3 Post by PeterN »

I am the holder of our club FAC. There are three key holders with access to the range and club guns, myself, the club chairman and a committee member. It is not practical to have just the club FAC holder as the only key holder as every time they could not attend the range, due to holiday or sickness, the club would not be able to open. We had our Home Office approval renewal check in May with all three key holders present. Nothing was said about adding names to the club FAC though I presume the names were noted.
Regards
Peter.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#4 Post by Mattnall »

Seeing as all full members of a HO approved club can possess the firearms and ammunition on the club FAC whilst shooting as a member of the club there is really no need for this.
Even if they take the items away to another range to shoot without the Club FAC holder(s) in attendance.
Even over night.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

Featuring a nominated person in a club certificate was designed to prevent all and sundry in a club from “utilising” a club certificate. At one time, there was no photo and the name was only that of the club.

And as Matt points out above, there is actually an exemption under s15 of the Firearms Amendment Act 1988,

(15)(1)Subject to subsection (4) below, a member of a rifle club approved by the Secretary of State [F2or the Scottish Ministers (by virtue of provision made under section 63 of the Scotland Act 1998)] may, without holding a firearm certificate, have in his possession a rifle and ammunition when engaged as a member of the club in connection with target shooting.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#6 Post by IainWR »

Mike95 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:25 am ... I have heard on another website that several members are on a club FAC..
Could you post a link please?

Iain
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#7 Post by Pete »

That sounds like several members have their monikers on two FAC's.....surely that can't be right?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#8 Post by Mattnall »

Pete wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:24 pm That sounds like several members have their monikers on two FAC's.....surely that can't be right?

Pete
I have had two club FACs and personal FAC with my name on at the same time. Now I just have the one.
Now the wife has a club one and personal one together.

Not sure how it would work if you lived in two different counties for 6 months each and wanted to keep them at both homes equally.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

I have two fire arm certificates a Club certificate with my name and picture on it and my own personnel certificate with my name and picture on it. I am the only person named on the certificates.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#10 Post by Alpha1 »

The easiest way to solve the puzzle would be a phone call to your local firearms licencing department.