Right shoulder left eye shooting

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Graham M

Re: Right shoulder left eye shooting

#11 Post by Graham M »

Friend of mine shot his Anschutz with off-set sight but they were aperture sites so he had to have an off-set rear sight and an off-set foresight.
Looked awkward and he had to have a spirit level to make sure he wasn't canted, but he shot very well with that setup.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Sandgroper »

Ovenpaa wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:46 pm Is anyone shooting left eye right shoulder for target or vermin? I have done a fair amount of damage to my right (Dominant) eye, as has a friend and we were discussing offset sight brackets yesterday evening as we are both missing our shooting. Something like below.

Thoughts anyone?

Offset.PNG
I'd like something like that...looks good. :good:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#13 Post by Alpha1 »

So other than the detached retina how have you damaged the eye. Usually a detached retina heals with time and all is good. If they have to go into the eye this can result in scarring on the back of the eye and some times the loss of central vision.
But a detached retina procedure is usually successful and results eventually with normal vision. Some times the retina does not reattach first time I know some one who has had the same eye filled with gas three times before the retina
re attached.
My sons partner has had a similar procedure to peel debris of the back of the eye. The eye was then filled with gas. The eye was damaged during the procedure resulting in scarring. She can see the scarring in her central vision it also left her with blaring in her central vision. She has had two procedures and is waiting for a third to try and correct the damage.

Any way good luck I hope it eventually works out for you.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#14 Post by Alpha1 »

Just thinking out loud I am no stranger to eye problems over the years I have had problems with both eyes at one time I was unable to see out of my right eye and limited vision in the other eye. Now that was scary . I have had lots of procedures that resulted in my right eye now being fine with specs.
The left eye doesn't really work but they are still working on it. They are looking at sorting it out. But I don't worry about that as it does not affect my shooting as I said in a earlier post it just means I score my wheels when trying to park or run over kerbs and verges I can not see and keep running over rumble strips on motorways. .
So don't give up its amazing what they can do now a days.
bewildered
Home club or Range: Pinewood

#15 Post by bewildered »

I recall in my prone rifle shooting days a lady at our club used an attachment like a small horizontal periscope fixed to the back of the rear sight. This allowed her to shoot right handed but left eyed. Unfortunately I have no further information but I seem to recall it was commercially available.
Graham M

#16 Post by Graham M »

Gehmann prism W.jpg
Gehmann prism W.jpg (6.13 KiB) Viewed 236 times
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.