Electronic powder tricklers comparison.

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Electronic powder tricklers comparison.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

Hi
I have been toying with the idea of purchasing an electronic powder dispenser.
Either a Lyman a RCBs a Hornady or a Frankford Arsenal.
Do any of you use one of these if so what do you reckon to them how would you rate them I will be using it for pistol and full bore rifle loads.

I have the 1066 powder trickler that I have used for several years with out any issues the new powder dispenser will be used along side this version more to do with convenience of set up. As in you just plug it in and press the button.
The Gun Pimp

Re: Electronic powder tricklers comparison.

#2 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Tested/reviewd Hornady, Lyman and RCBS - bought the RCBS. However upgrades to all three have occurred in the last few years but I'm happy with the RCBS
micken
Home club or Range: Yorkshire Shooting Centre, Huddersfield

#3 Post by micken »

I've only used the RCBS Chargemaster Lite out of the makes mentioned. It suits my needs across .223, 6.5, .308 and .44, producing accurate and consistent charges. Calibration is quick and easy.
RDC

#4 Post by RDC »

I have the Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper. Bought it after using the Hornady effort and then doing a load of reading and reviews comparing the RCBS Chargemaster Lite Vs the Hornady and the FA Intellidropper.

First one was faulty. Buttons wouldn't work consistently and another issue I can't quite recall at the moment! The second has been spot on and its enjoyable to use.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

If you're going for a small batch of precision loads then they're great, if you're doing big batches of plinking ammo they add a substantial length of time to your reloading schedule, especially small throw/pistol calibres
DVC
nic

#6 Post by nic »

just decided to treat myself. RCBS Link
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by 1066 »

Hi Alpha - I know you have had your Targetmaster for a number of years but were you aware that it's now been updated a little since then? All new (last 2-3 years) Targetmasters now have the facility to use an extension start button which saves needing to reach across the scale to press the button. I can also retro-fit the required socket and supply the correct button to older machines.
Also I have designed dedicated sensors for several popular scales - the new sensors are smaller and actually clip on the scale so always in a consistent position.

I have dedicated sensors for the RCBS M500, M1000, 502, 505, 10/10 and Lyman M5. All sensors are compatible with all machines.

This is a new sensor fitted to an M500 scale with the extension button.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#8 Post by dromia »

Tried all the tricklers and electronic powder dispensers and came back to the Target Master every time.

The fact that it uses tried and tested beam scale technology is sound and is the best foundation for accurate dispensing.

It is as quick as the other electronic wonders, dump up to .2-.3 grains short and trickle to set load.

Must get mine of to Allan for the upgrades first I knew of them.

One of the most longstanding tricklers around going way back to the pistol days and its faultless longevity of design says it all about this fine British product.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
MetalMagus
Home club or Range: Oop Norf....on a need to know basis

#9 Post by MetalMagus »

I'm on the list for a McDonald Auto Trickler V4. Hope to have it before end of August.

https://autotrickler.com/pages/autotrickler-v4
greentangerine
Home club or Range: Dorchester Rifle & Pistol Club

#10 Post by greentangerine »

1066 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:11 am Hi Alpha - I know you have had your Targetmaster for a number of years but were you aware that it's now been updated a little since then? All new (last 2-3 years) Targetmasters now have the facility to use an extension start button which saves needing to reach across the scale to press the button. I can also retro-fit the required socket and supply the correct button to older machines.
Also I have designed dedicated sensors for several popular scales - the new sensors are smaller and actually clip on the scale so always in a consistent position.

I have dedicated sensors for the RCBS M500, M1000, 502, 505, 10/10 and Lyman M5. All sensors are compatible with all machines.

This is a new sensor fitted to an M500 scale with the extension button.

I don't see these on your website. Where can I obtain the upgrade?