New sentry requirement for MoD ranges

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: New sentry requirement for MoD ranges

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

Its just another nudge from Landmarc to try to get rid of us
DVC
Plecotus
Home club or Range: Monmmouth & District Rifle Club, NRA, Chepstow Rifle Club

#12 Post by Plecotus »

I love sentry duty.....it's a lot easier than being in the butts
MistAgain

#13 Post by MistAgain »

Beach sentry at Altcar used to be fun .
A 22lr rifle + moderator + a box of 22lr !
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#14 Post by Lever357 »

Les wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:19 pm All this carp is why I stopped doing fullbore/CF shooting years ago, and just stick to .22rf now. It makes life a lot easier - and cheaper - all round.
Nobody mentioned fish!!!! shakeshout

So are you saying at Ponteland A range, you would need a north sentry, a south sentry AND someone on the car park gate??? Wouldn't be a bad idea actually, from a security point of view as I have been in the car park when a couple just walked in, nonchalantly walked to the end of the car park, looked like they were pretending to look in the distance and walked back out before I had time to say anything to them.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

Lever357 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:17 pm
Les wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:19 pm All this carp is why I stopped doing fullbore/CF shooting years ago, and just stick to .22rf now. It makes life a lot easier - and cheaper - all round.
Nobody mentioned fish!!!! shakeshout

So are you saying at Ponteland A range, you would need a north sentry, a south sentry AND someone on the car park gate??? Wouldn't be a bad idea actually, from a security point of view as I have been in the car park when a couple just walked in, nonchalantly walked to the end of the car park, looked like they were pretending to look in the distance and walked back out before I had time to say anything to them.
Its a brave person that steals from a group of armed men lol Probably just curious. Like the family a few years ago that bypassed the sentries and then appeared on the top of the backstop and started setting up a picnic to eat while they watched the shooting wtf kukkuk 5mith :run:
DVC