Which .22 Semi ?

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.
lincolnjeffries
Home club or Range: none

Re: Which .22 Semi ?

#11 Post by lincolnjeffries »

Sounds a handy rifle. Would be interesting to compare the reliabilty and accuracy of quality, less mainstream rifles with the more popular stuff. Though I think there are quite a few Voeres out there still from back in the day.
Mattnall
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#12 Post by Mattnall »

Another vote for the 10/22. A very reliable rifle still being made and with more accessories and upgrades available than anything else. Shouldn't need the majority ofthem but they are there if you feel the need to customise.
A target hammer will be a good upgrade as it improves the trigger no end and only costs a few pounds, everything else is down to taste, IMHO.

Most of any issues with the Ruger 10/22 can be traced to the user (especially in their choice of upgrades) or the magazines, very rarely is it the rifle.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#13 Post by bradaz11 »

also, subs with a cheap sak tube on the end, all you hear is the bolt. my 10/22 doesn't see much use these days as i like my s&w 15/22 but there was never any issue with it, plenty accurate at 50m
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
majex45
Home club or Range: Hastings

#14 Post by majex45 »

I bought my 10/22 second hand in about 1996 and it digests anything I ask it to. I usually use CCI mini mag but I have used everything from Winchester subsonic via Eley Club to CCI Stinger and it always feeds and shoots (provided I clean it annually). It is more accurate than I am.
Sky888
Home club or Range: RRPC, HTRPC, WHPC, NRA, EBSC

#15 Post by Sky888 »

How do the Thompson / Center Arms compare to the 10/22?

I've never seen one in person. Are their component parts changeable with the Ruger's?
markie
Home club or Range: looe

#16 Post by markie »

Another vote for 10/22. I recently bought a 1979 walnut stocked gun for £120.00 Including a Hawke 3-16 scope and a decent bipod. It works on everything from subs to high velocity and has yet to fail me. The only thing I didn't like was the mag release so bought an extended one from the Bay for £20.00........... MASSIVE improvement.

Besides I thought it was the law that if you have an FAC you are duty bound to buy a 10/22??????
Mattnall
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#17 Post by Mattnall »

markie wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:20 pm Besides I thought it was the law that if you have an FAC you are duty bound to buy a 10/22??????
:good:

I think they should send the newly granted FAC in a box with a new 10/22, gratis.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#18 Post by Dellboy »

10/22 cheap and easy to customise always popular from the base model to the heavy barrel laminate sold loads always try to keep in stock
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

paul mercer
Home club or Range: Tavistock Miniature rifle club

#19 Post by paul mercer »

If you do get a Ruger 10/22, do spend a little extra and get one of the Rimfire Magic modified Ruger BX triggers, it makes a hell of a difference.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#20 Post by Dark Skies »

Just to be different ... one of the AR15 -alikes such as offered by Southern Gun would make a good bunny bopper. Very customizable, you can fit a scope and bipod with ease, plus a lamp. The bird cage could be removed, and a moderator put on instead.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."