GOOD OLD DAYS

Somewhere to share your tales, anecdotes and memories from past days.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please remember to respect the copyright of the author. Please do not post content from this section elsewhere without the specific permission of the author.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

Re: GOOD OLD DAYS

#11 Post by Geek »

Pete wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:45 am It's wrong to generalise.......there were many people of "that generation" who were just as concerned about such issues as some people are today.

Pete
Agreed!
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Graham M

#12 Post by Graham M »

Always remember Johnnie Walker being 27/6. Funny how everyone knew what it meant instead of putting £1-7/6d

And when the prices went up, they were in pennies, not like today when they go up by pounds.

The other bugbear is when they say that they haven't increased their prices .........but have reduced the size of their product by around 30%. Which basically means they have shoved up their price by the same amount.

Bought a bar of Cadbury's chocolate a while back and it was only half as thick as it used to be, which meant that it had virtually doubled in price.
And it was being sold as a "Great deal" as it was still the same price as before. wtf
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by Pete »

That's capitalism for you........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Graham M

#14 Post by Graham M »

More like corporate greed and a complete disregard for anyone daft enough to keep buying it. Doesn't seem to taste the same since Nestlé took it over anyway.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#15 Post by Mauserbill »

Graham M wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:40 pm More like corporate greed and a complete disregard for anyone daft enough to keep buying it. Doesn't seem to taste the same since Nestlé took it over anyway.
Hello
Cadburys was purchased by the American multinational Mondelez.
Graham M

#16 Post by Graham M »

aaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhhh.
Sorry I know I meant to say after Kraft took them over. When they changed over to Mondelez, I'm never sure.

Sorry, brain fart again. kukkuk