Valmont Firearms

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Pinguino
Home club or Range: Bisley

Valmont Firearms

#1 Post by Pinguino »

Anyone know why Valmont Firearms have "We are closed untill further notice" on thier website..??
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

Re: Valmont Firearms

#2 Post by Geek »

I have messaged Daniel and he replied that he is ill, selling off his stock but hopes to be back in the New Year when he feels better.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#3 Post by Dellboy »

Think you may find he is still trading non licensed components

its what he said on facebook
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

MistAgain

#4 Post by MistAgain »

I hear that a few RFD's have had unwanted visitations in the past week or so .

So a couple of the well known members of the legal profession might have a busy new year .
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Well that is a bit cryptic.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Polchraine

#6 Post by Polchraine »

MistAgain wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:23 pm I hear that a few RFD's have had unwanted visitations in the past week or so .

So a couple of the well known members of the legal profession might have a busy new year .

From which side of the law?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#7 Post by David TS »

I have asked Mr Valmont if he still has RFD authority on several occasions recently, he either ignores it, or deletes my posts on his Facebook page. Make of that what you will, but he evades answering the question.

As to being back 'in the new year', in another post he said he would not be trading for a year or so, which isn't the same thing.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#8 Post by bradaz11 »

David TS wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:10 pm I have asked Mr Valmont if he still has RFD authority on several occasions recently, he either ignores it, or deletes my posts on his Facebook page. Make of that what you will, but he evades answering the question.

As to being back 'in the new year', in another post he said he would not be trading for a year or so, which isn't the same thing.
He doesn't
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#9 Post by David TS »

bradaz11 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:03 am
David TS wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:10 pm I have asked Mr Valmont if he still has RFD authority on several occasions recently, he either ignores it, or deletes my posts on his Facebook page. Make of that what you will, but he evades answering the question.

He doesn't
He should just admit it, and be clear with people!
MistAgain

#10 Post by MistAgain »

One of the problems the shooting community has these days is that we are having to jump more hurdles and have more proof that we are ok than the police force .

Some of the visits that the RFD's have just had may be the result of a small mistake or memory lapse . But they had no oppertunity to defend themselves.

How many of us know whats doctors have put on out records 10 or 20 years back ?

Of course its just possible that some police forces are taking action over some "straight pull" rifles and certain "long barrel revolvers" .

And to be honest , i cant quite blame an RFD for not wanting to say to much about having his RFD revoked.