BangNBark

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Re: BangNBark

#11 Post by Lever357 »

Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#12 Post by shugie »

Thanks, local to you then. Not me sadly.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Blackstuff

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

I was giving serious consideration to getting one of these, however after watching this Youtubers video of the disassembly process and the intricacy of the mechanism (plus the lack of spare parts) I can't bring myself to it. :o

Are their any other similar revolver/rifles out there? any????
DVC
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#14 Post by bradaz11 »

Blackstuff wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:47 am I was giving serious consideration to getting one of these, however after watching this Youtubers video of the disassembly process and the intricacy of the mechanism (plus the lack of spare parts) I can't bring myself to it. :o

similar to a metaeba? yeah the chiappa rhino. same design lineage afaik. just no fancy semi auto /self cock / semi double action?? thing. which most of the mateba's had butchered anyway in this country.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Blackstuff

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

bradaz11 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:01 am
Blackstuff wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:47 am I was giving serious consideration to getting one of these, however after watching this Youtubers video of the disassembly process and the intricacy of the mechanism (plus the lack of spare parts) I can't bring myself to it. :o

similar to a metaeba? yeah the chiappa rhino. same design lineage afaik. just no fancy semi auto /self cock / semi double action?? thing. which most of the mateba's had butchered anyway in this country.
There's a rifle version of the Rhino? :p :p :p
DVC
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#16 Post by bradaz11 »

no reason you couldn't bolt a stock on, the grifone one isn't exactly a work of art
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Blackstuff

#17 Post by Blackstuff »

Aw you had me excited there for a minute! Everytime i've looked into 'one off' things like that would be my eyes have started watering as the work normally costs more than the gun itself...
DVC
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#18 Post by shugie »

bradaz11 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:01 am

Was shooting my Mateba yesterday with a couple of people who had UK spec Chiappa Rhinos, very similar concept, but enough difference not to be useful spares source. The self-cocking mechanism on my gun is all present, but the sliding movement is locked off with some blocks that a competent machinist could remove and restore "proper" operation. Wouldn't be allowed for imports now I suspect
Careful now/that sort of thing