Here we go again - Starmer says need to tighten gun laws

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.

Here we go again - Starmer says need to tighten gun laws

#1 Post by 1066 »

Well, true to form. Keir Starmer wants to tighten up gun laws (But farmers might be allowed to keep one). Yesterdays papers were saying "a hail of bullets in mass shooting incident" now it looks more like both barrels of a sawn off shotgun.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/keir ... qtgL4bCly4
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Blackstuff

Re: Here we go again - Starmer says need to tighten gun laws

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Revenge attack on family of drug cartel members using an illegal firearm + British Politician Logic = John Smith who lives in a town/city isn't allowed to continue to use his legally owned guns 5mith

However I do fully stand by Sir Starmer when he says we should make possession of prohibited firearms and attempted murder more illegalererererer. Its just common sense(!) teanews troutslapping lol
DVC
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

1066 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:59 am Well, true to form. Keir Starmer wants to tighten up gun laws (But farmers might be allowed to keep one). Yesterdays papers were saying "a hail of bullets in mass shooting incident" now it looks more like both barrels of a sawn off shotgun.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/keir ... qtgL4bCly4
Attachments
FB_IMG_1652192564821.jpg
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
MistAgain

#4 Post by MistAgain »

Maybe , after another police officer pleads guilty to multiple sex crimes , Starmer should be wanting police officers to be subjected to the same checks that the shooting community are .
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#5 Post by GeeRam »

MistAgain wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:17 pm Maybe , after another police officer pleads guilty to multiple sex crimes , Starmer should be wanting police officers to be subjected to the same checks that the shooting community are .
Especially as said officer, passed further checks to be a Firearms Officer and become a member of the Diplomatic Protection Group...... 8-)
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#6 Post by Dark Skies »

MistAgain wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:17 pm Maybe , after another police officer pleads guilty to multiple sex crimes , Starmer should be wanting police officers to be subjected to the same checks that the shooting community are .
I expect it will be a long backlog - just like the one for FAC grants and renewals.
I read the other day there are some 800 coppers in the MET alone, being investigated for sexual / domestic abuse, amongst other things.

https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/me ... rs/151516/

The UK needs a root and branch audit of all its officers. And the useless blind eye nodders of the IOPC need scrapping too.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Blackstuff

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

Just noticed the Plymouth shootings inquest is in full swing, he was likely trying to whip up support for bandwagon that'll come off that to try to force more changes to a system that more or less works, but only when its actually used properly <cough>Hungerford<cough>Dunblane<cough>Horden<cough>Plymouth
DVC
Lancs Lad
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#8 Post by Lancs Lad »

The drivel tumbling from Starmer's mouth is about all we can expect from 'politicians' these days, which is a very sad state of affairs (for the Country).

:flag13: LL
walesdave

#9 Post by walesdave »

Think Starmer is bad, after the mass shooting this weekend in California, the local Sherriff has said the shooter used 'a magazine-fed semiautomatic assault pistol'.
Any ideas what an 'assault pistol is nowadays?
glevum
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club

#10 Post by glevum »