medical timing

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

bubbajvegas
Home club or Range: yorkshire shooting centre

medical timing

#1 Post by bubbajvegas »

good afternoon guys
6 weeks through my 12 week probation and i rang the doctors to see how long letters are taking and they said up to 6 weeks so my question is …do i apply now so if it does take 6 weeks it’s ready for when i’ve completed my probation and can apply …dilemma is if it comes back sooner will it be ok dated before my application…if that all makes sense…don’t really want to have to wait 6 weeks for a note if i apply after my probation and draw the process out longer if i can be prepared

thanks 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Rockhopper

Re: medical timing

#2 Post by Rockhopper »

If its like the system Derbyshire Police use then your doctors will email it to a secure address that the Police have set up for such things. I'd imagine if it gets sent in before they have opened a file on you it'll get lost/deleted or otherwise.
bubbajvegas
Home club or Range: yorkshire shooting centre

#3 Post by bubbajvegas »

ahhh ok …i didn’t realise they did that …it’s west yorkshire and i was under the impression that i sent the letter with the application…thanks for the reply ,in that case it looks like i’ll have to wait 👍🏼
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#4 Post by Pete »

The GP's returned the completed form to my friend, who scanned and uploaded it as requested on her online renewal application......there was no charge.
GP's were a bit long winded, though.....took them 6 weeks to respond.

When I did mine last year, (same GP), they took 4 weeks and charged me £20...... 5mith

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Pinguino
Home club or Range: Bisley

#5 Post by Pinguino »

In Hertfordshire we just send it in with our application or renewal so you'd have to get it done before hand anyway. Not heard of any issues if it were dated a month or two before - you have to play the game and get one - police shouldn't then complain you asked for one too early.