Guns seized....again

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Guns seized....again

#81 Post by dromia »

If Walesdave wants to share his pertinent experiences on here that is what places like this are for.

If you don't like it Alpha1 then don't read it but at least respect Walesdave's choice to do so.

You might want to take heed of you own advice about the world and his dog viewing on here in relation to the style and content of some of your own posts.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Graham M

#82 Post by Graham M »

You go for it walesdave. I can't even imagine the stress you have been through and it doesn't bode well for others who could find themselves in the same position in the future if this is allowed to be enacted by other senior police officers.
Just because it isn't happening to others on this forum doesn't mean it never will. It's happened to others who have found themselves on the receiving end of a disastrous break-up or divorce, where the spouse makes a spurious complaint and suddenly the police are at the door taking guns away.
I would like to see this resolved, but somehow I feel that this inspector has painted herself into a corner and is now adamant that she won't give in.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
lapua338

#83 Post by lapua338 »

The ignorance, general inadequacy and incompetence of firearms licensing should always be given a wider audience.

The shooting community need to be made aware of people's experiences.

Anyone who disagrees is part of the problem.
Alpha1

#84 Post by Alpha1 »

dromia wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:26 am If Walesdave wants to share his pertinent experiences on here that is what places like this are for.

If you don't like it Alpha1 then don't read it but at least respect Walesdave's choice to do so.

You might want to take heed of you own advice about the world and his dog viewing on here in relation to the style and content of some of your own posts.
Point taken. I will take his advice and stop reading any of his posts. My advice to him would be dont re morgage your house because you have all ready lost. Posting on here is not going to help your cause. But if you feel you must then go for it.
MistAgain

#85 Post by MistAgain »

Alpha1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:26 pm
dromia wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:26 am If Walesdave wants to share his pertinent experiences on here that is what places like this are for.

Point taken. I will take his advice and stop reading any of his posts. My advice to him would be dont re morgage your house because you have all ready lost. Posting on here is not going to help your cause. But if you feel you must then go for it.
So you now have some form of legal qualification to add to all your other skills .

Dave is in his current situation because our associations will not protect their own members , and people like you are only too quick to condem and walk away .
Add to that firearms managers know we have no support and in most cases cannot afford legal backing to fight a case .

I have been in Dave's situation , and won , despite a couple of old blowhard shooters telling all and sundry that I couldnt win and should take up fishing .

Why dont you do something useful and make a couple of pens that can be auctioned to help pay Dave's legal fees if needed .

Just remember , you could be the next one needing help .
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#86 Post by bnz41 »

Well Said Dromia & Mist Again.

Some people need to keep their comments to themselves, not helpful.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#87 Post by Dark Skies »

bnz41 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:47 pm Well Said Dromia & Mist Again.

Some people need to keep their comments to themselves, not helpful.
Or at least make them before getting well into their cups.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Mattnall
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#88 Post by Mattnall »

Dark Skies wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:14 pm Or at least make them before getting well into their cups.
Not getting in to this argument but I'm interested in a purely academic way on poor WalesDave's plight (good luck to him) but I felt I had to quote the above.

An expression I haven't heard for a long time. Bonus points for Dark Skies for that comment :good:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
walesdave

#89 Post by walesdave »

"MULTIPLE gun licences were revoked by police in Gwent last year, new figures show." Who'd have thought!
https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... across-uk/
FYI: If you want to read the article, right click the link and 'Open link in in private window'.
I did reply to the article, then taking some previous advice onboard and realising my 'Argus' username was pretty identifying, I deleted it.
Alpha1

#90 Post by Alpha1 »

MistAgain wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:10 am
Alpha1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:26 pm

So you now have some form of legal qualification to add to all your other skills .

Dave is in his current situation because our associations will not protect their own members , and people like you are only too quick to condem and walk away .
Add to that firearms managers know we have no support and in most cases cannot afford legal backing to fight a case .

I have been in Dave's situation , and won , despite a couple of old blowhard shooters telling all and sundry that I couldnt win and should take up fishing .

Why dont you do something useful and make a couple of pens that can be auctioned to help pay Dave's legal fees if needed .

Just remember , you could be the next one needing help .
My fountain pens normally sell for a minimum of £100 pound I will donate them for free if you think it will help. My normal selling price is £225.00 plus postage.