Missing bolt.

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Missing bolt.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I have a shoot to morrow I have been getting my kit ready. I have had the house up side down looking for the bolt for my Ruger precision 6.5 Creedmoor. I fear the worst if it dosnt turn up how difficult is it to get a replacement.
Graham M

Re: Missing bolt.

#2 Post by Graham M »

How the hell do you lose a rifle bolt in the house?????????????????
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Alpha1

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

Panic over I had another look apparently my new range bag has a pocket within a pocket that I did not find until I completely emptied it and gave it a good coat of looking at. Its been a while since I have used the Ruger.
I normally lock the bolts in a pistol cabinet. I first looked for it in there and was surprised it was missing. So I went on a hunt to find it. Obviously I must of left in in the bag in this elusive hidden pocket.
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

Graham M wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:04 pm How the hell do you lose a rifle bolt in the house?????????????????
At nearly 72 years old its easy to lose anything remembering were you put stuff is a challenge. Walking into a room and trying to remeber why is a every day occurence. 5mith
1902MLE

#5 Post by 1902MLE »

A replacement bolt is a nightmare,a keeper I know of put one on the roof of the truck after zeroing and drove off, firstly it’s a load bearing part and the new one would need to be proofed, then you would have to report it lost, I.e explain to the police how you lost it.
His was for a tikka T3, the cost of replacing the bolt was more than a new rifle so it cost him dearly.
190LE
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#6 Post by Mattnall »

Alpha1 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:17 pm At nearly 72 years old its easy to lose anything remembering were you put stuff is a challenge. Walking into a room and trying to remeber why is a every day occurence. 5mith
I'm not even 60 and I often lose myself. 8-)

I feel your pain.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#7 Post by Lever357 »

Yes, my RFD friend has had to price up replacement bolts for a 3 people in last two years and the cost was heading towards £800 for each one
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Graham M

#8 Post by Graham M »

On a really serious note...........don't tell your FEO that you are having age related problems.
I remember back in the 90s when police in some areas were removing shotguns from farmers because they (the farmers) were considered to be "Too old".
If your FLD thinks you are losing your marbles they will revoke your ticket, citing dementia or something similar.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#9 Post by redcat »

Does anyone think the police don't monitor these sites? :run:

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#10 Post by bradaz11 »

redcat wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:41 pm Does anyone think the police don't monitor these sites? :run:

Redcat
they've got to do something with their time. we know it isn't renewals.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns