RS50

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
crismaqsood
Home club or Range: NRA

RS50

#1 Post by crismaqsood »

Hi there. I'm Cristina and I'm new to reloading.

I want to start reloading for my 243 (hunting) and 308 (target)

I've read several reloading books but I was wondering if any of you would have some advice for me. (I understand the reloading process depends on several factors and there is no fit-for-all recipe).

I got hold of a few bits and bobs to get me started but now I can't seem to find reliable data for loading the specific bullets I have (and being a newbie, don't want to venture without info)

I have a tub of RS50 and

For the 308 I have
- Hornady 155gr Match HPBT

For the 243 I have
- Nosler 95gr Ballistic Silver Tip and
- Hornady 87gr SP

For cases I'm going to be using (for now) Hornady for the 308 and Sako for the 243 (all fired once, from factory ammo).

I've read from several sources the RS50 has a burn rate similar to the N140 so my question is: can I use the load data from the N140 to start reloading my rounds since Reload Swiss does not have loading data for the bullets I have?

Thank you in advance and apologies for the long post
ukrifleman

Re: RS50

#2 Post by ukrifleman »

I would suggest you contact Reload Swiss directly with your enquiry.
I have contacted them in the past for load data and found them to be very helpful.
ukrifleman
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#3 Post by mag41uk »

You most certainly cannot use N140 data with RS50.
That is a massive no no.
Reload Swiss will almost certainly have data for another make of 155gn hpbt match bullet. Use the starting load for one of those.
Just checked and they list 3 155gn bullets with that powder. Starting load just under 38gn for all 3.
Based on my experience a starting load of 41gns is where I would be. Max for 2 of the listed bullets is just over 46gn and the other is 44.6.
41gns will keep you away from max, be pleasant to shoot and ultimately give you a basis for development.
Depends on what you want to achieve.
And as per ukrifleman contacting RS would be a good move.
crismaqsood
Home club or Range: NRA

#4 Post by crismaqsood »

Thank you both for the advice.

I'll contact Reload Swiss for further help.

Cristina