New powder RS14

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
fra150l

New powder RS14

#1 Post by fra150l »

One of my powders I most use - Unique - has become hard to find I started a search for something else. As others are in similar position thought I would comment on what I have found. Swiss Reload RS14.

RS14 is a new powder so there is not much data in the books for it so it's quite a challenge to work up loads. Reload-swiss load data is gradually getting populated and I have been able to test an number of my calibers and have to say very happy with the results. RS14 is a bulky powder 400g bottle is full but it is not cheap. Bulk gives the advantage of most light pistol loads are over 50% volume.

I did also look at N32C but found it didn't like my powder measure(s). The powder seemed to get stuck in the neck as it dropped and I got short and over measures - from a Hornady and Redding measures - so I decided to not progress testing this powder as RS14 is getting the results I want although N32C is quite a bit cheaper to buy. Has anybody else experienced this? I have 'heard' RS14 being compared to a particular old powder but not seen that published by Swiss Reload so I am not going to comment on that here.

Here is some notes on Swiss Reload site - https://www.reload-swiss.com/en/reload_ ... /index.php

In summary if you cannot buy Unique have a look at RS14...

Happy shooting
fra150l

Re: New powder RS14

#2 Post by fra150l »

Forgot to mention and cannot edit post. On the Swiss reload site there is an update to add RS14 to Quickload.
Blackstuff

Re: New powder RS14

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

I had to move away from RS15 as it went from £38 per lb to £96 per lb pre to post Covid, as such it was simply no longer economically viable.
DVC