New consultation announced

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: New consultation announced

#11 Post by Dark Skies »

Blackstuff wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:23 am No one else concerned about the proposal effectively removing your human rights (under the 1998 act)?? It reads as if it would effectively mean that simply possessing a certificate would mean the Police have a right to enter your home without good reason or a warrant ****
I was very concerned with this, but not at all surprised. It ties in with our current nasty and oppressive government's current way of thinking. They recently tried to do away with the Human Rights Act 1998 via the Bill of Rights Bill. Rather than giving rights, it sought to strip them away, give power to the authorities as to whether we were entitled to certain rights, and making it harder for us to access them. Fortunately, it seems to have died the death after one reading. For now.
We've recently effectively lost the right to protest. That seems to have slipped past the public pretty easily, perhaps because it was used on anti-monarchists exercising their rights (organized with full candour with the MET months beforehand) and yer average forelock-tugging pleb thought targetting "troublemakers" was a good idea. Of course, yer average forelock-tugging pleb is too thick to envisage that, one day hence, THEY may be seen as a troublemaker.

So, yes, NO was very much my answer. It would be a licence for coppers to embark on fishing trips in the same way they target young people and black folk. The equivalent of "I thought I smelled cannabis."
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."

#12 Post by 1066 »

Blackstuff wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:23 am
1066 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:27 pm Survey completed.. I sincerely hope there is more response from the shooting community than the abysmal effort for the consultation on the lead ban. There, only 500 or so shooters out of nearly three quarters of a million FAC/SG cert holders responded, an embarrassingly poor show.
Agreed. Although it was actuall in the region of 2,600 responses, but still pitiful out of a potential pool of near 3 MILLION (as it will affect airgunners too). Just those 2,600 responses have so far put the brakes on the lead ban (the response from the review was delated 6 months from December and as yet nothing has come out).

No one else concerned about the proposal effectively removing your human rights (under the 1998 act)?? It reads as if it would effectively mean that simply possessing a certificate would mean the Police have a right to enter your home without good reason or a warrant ****
Although there were 2,600 odd responses, I believe a good many of them came from various anti groups - Your Gun Control Network types who seem far more effective in rallying their troops than shooters ever do.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Vossie
Home club or Range: Bisley

#13 Post by Vossie »

Completed, as with all comments above there are some controversial points within and most are highlighted.
Neurodevelopmental disorders section, now this is wide open to abuse as speech and Language for sure would not cause a danger to the public. It looks like a reason to expand categories to revoke rather than any potential danger.
Also spending money on educating certificate holders on mental health issues, by way of leaflets. This is surely a means to increase fees, as this information is readily available if not pushed on every level.
MistAgain

#14 Post by MistAgain »

As far as any new fees are concerned , I think the GTA has already sold out .
Itskeith
Home club or Range: Home club

#15 Post by Itskeith »

Replied and thanks for posting.
stottycake
Home club or Range: Tcsc,.gardners guns,

#16 Post by stottycake »

Completed earlier today,
YattonShooter

#17 Post by YattonShooter »

Thank you all for responding to the consultation, but we need lots more people to take the time to respond.
You can bet that GCN and other interested parties will submit more than half a dozen responses!
jmc67
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

#18 Post by jmc67 »

Done, and thanks for sharing the link to it.
Rockhopper

#19 Post by Rockhopper »

I think i might have said this in the past but the vast majority of the 250+ member of my old club didn't use the internet. We did attempt to gather email address on one occasion and only had a handful returned. I suspect that reflects the aging demographic of todays shooters.
Alpha1

#20 Post by Alpha1 »

This was brought up to night at my local Club the guy was advising people to sign up to it. No body had any idea what he was talking about except for me. One guy said it a waste of time it wont alter anything. The rest of them just basically shrugged there shoulders and carried on shooting. The Club has over 250 members that could of replied to this consultation. I am so glad at 72 years old that I have been able to enjoy shooting since my teens. If it goes it goes but the memories of all the good times and all the good people I have been privileged to share range time with will all ways be there and lots of good freinds I made along the way.