Under lever re barrel

If you are making it or modifying it, repairing it or restoring it, it goes in here.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Under lever re barrel

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

I will try Fox Firearms but I will be surprised if they have a .38 -.357 blank.
So I am guesing for this old Girl it is good night God bless.

I wont be looking to buy a replacement at 72 years old I am guesing my underlever shooting days are done.

So what do you with shot out Winchester underlevers. Do you just hand them in.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by 1066 »

Break it for spares. I'll give you £30 for the cartridge lifter and £10 for the ejector to get the ball rolling.😀
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#13 Post by waterford103 »

Lothar walther lists them ,Chambers and others import them , as a barrel blank you are permitted to own it ,Chambers will need your fac details .
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#14 Post by bradaz11 »

anyone that buys in barrel blanks should be able to get you one in 38, or just buy another one and swap the barrels?

I know C&g firearms used to buy lothar walther barrels. the tunnel range are building rifles, they do them in 9mm, find out where they get theirs from?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
The Gun Pimp

#15 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Alpha1 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:37 pm I will try Fox Firearms but I will be surprised if they have a .38 -.357 blank.

I wont be looking to buy a replacement at 72 years old I am guesing my underlever shooting days are done.

If you've decided it's a scrapper, why not chop a few inches off the chamber end and have a go at threading and re-chambering it - what have you got to lose?
Alpha1

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

1066 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:40 am Break it for spares. I'll give you £30 for the cartridge lifter and £10 for the ejector to get the ball rolling.😀
If I do decide to break it for spares the lifter will not be going for £30 the one thats fitted is stainless steel made by the Shooting shed. I also have the original lifter.
Alpha1

#17 Post by Alpha1 »

The Gun Pimp wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:45 am
Alpha1 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:37 pm I will try Fox Firearms but I will be surprised if they have a .38 -.357 blank.

If you've decided it's a scrapper, why not chop a few inches off the chamber end and have a go at threading and re-chambering it - what have you got to lose?
I had not thought of that but I like it an excelent idea.
I have not completely given up on it yet I am going to.

(1) Slug the bore.
(2) I have some mechanical gauges for measuring internal dimensions I will be checking it out over the week end.
(3) I have access to Industrial type endoscopes so I will be inspecting the bore with one of them.
(4) I may remove the barrel and pop it in an oil bath cleaner then an Industrial ultra sonic bath.
Alpha1

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

waterford103 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:49 am Lothar walther lists them ,Chambers and others import them , as a barrel blank you are permitted to own it ,Chambers will need your fac details .
Chambers dont list any thing in a .357 blank and neither do any other blank suppliers in the UK. You can source any caliber in full bore rifle easily. But a underlever barrel no thank you.
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#19 Post by redcat »

If the barrel is a current Winchester product then Sportsman Gun Centre should be able to get one.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#20 Post by waterford103 »

Alpha1 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:04 am
waterford103 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:49 am Lothar walther lists them ,Chambers and others import them , as a barrel blank you are permitted to own it ,Chambers will need your fac details .
Chambers dont list any thing in a .357 blank and neither do any other blank suppliers in the UK. You can source any caliber in full bore rifle easily. But a underlever barrel no thank you.
Lothar walther supply 9mm blanks =.355 ,every python I slugged when in the job was.355 .
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933