Electronic ear defenders

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Practical shooter

Electronic ear defenders

#1 Post by Practical shooter »

Hi,
I'm looking for electronic shooting ear defenders with plug mode.

Thanks
billgatese30
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland & District Gun Club...and anywhere that will have me.

Re: Electronic ear defenders

#2 Post by billgatese30 »

Plug mode?
Chris
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

Re: Electronic ear defenders

#3 Post by hitchphil »

plug mode? i think means a 3.5mm jack wire to coonect a phone etc - which is a bit outdated now. You can get bluetooth wireless ones so can listen to music or similar enabled walky-talkies. Crystal clear sound.

I found the main difference in cost was comfort not sound quality. But most have a high head clamping force that can give u a right headache over a day.

My Peltors sound quality improved when I replaced all the Chinesium singe strand cheap wire with a quality multi strand high conductivity dc wire. Am afraid most of the expensive brands Peltor MSM etc are all now bodged in china & use cheaper materials - the pcb soldering is appalling on any i have seen - lots of component wires left long to act as minutiae antennas to increase noise to the signal ratio. Even cropping & reflowing them made a difference!
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?