Greetings from Jersey

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

Jersey
Home club or Range: Crabbe - Jersey

Re: Greetings from Jersey

#11 Post by Jersey »

Graham M wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:07 pm oooooooooooooh you are a spiteful bitch Jersey. I always wanted a Python but as I already had a S&W 586 in .357, my FEO wouldn't allow a second one at the time. And as I wanted to keep the S&W I let it slide..............

And then Dunblane came along and it was all taken away.

Friend of mine has friends in Jersey and goes down there sometimes. He is astonished at some of the guns you are still allowed to keep and shoot. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'd hate to tease you with the 'forbitten fruit' but this one is candy.
I had the 686, fine revolver too & then moved over to colts when a couple of pythons slid along - 6 & 8 inch. The latter is nearer the target - all a helps.
Jersey

#12 Post by Jersey »

Here's the Python 8 - thought there was a crack in the frame under the hammer when I took the photo from above, however, with the grips off I can see where you can get to the workings.
I believe they've started remanufacturing these although the spring and trigger along with a few other bits are different?
Colt blue has come out better in these photos.
I'll put some reloaded .357 through later today & see if I can get some groups.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by 1066 »

Very nice indeed - I had a S&W Mod14 (target version) in .38 spec. I was very sad to see it go.
Nearest thing I got now in my .357 Westlake nitro muzzle loader. It shoots very well, and only takes seconds to change a pre-loaded cylinder but definitely not the same. I also have a .32 5 shot muzzle loading target pistol.

This is 6 shots from a sandbag with the .357 at 20 yds with open sights: .8" C-C.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Jersey

#14 Post by Jersey »

1066 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:11 pm Very nice indeed - I had a S&W Mod14 (target version) in .38 spec. I was very sad to see it go.
Nearest thing I got now in my .357 Westlake nitro muzzle loader. It shoots very well, and only takes seconds to change a pre-loaded cylinder but definitely not the same. I also have a .32 5 shot muzzle loading target pistol.
Very tight groups - I'd be very pleased with those.
The Westlake muzzle loaders are a modern revolver & a viable way to continue target shooting - I imagine you can have a number of pre-loaded cylinders if you choose?
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

Jersey wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:39 pm
1066 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:11 pm Very nice indeed - I had a S&W Mod14 (target version) in .38 spec. I was very sad to see it go.
The Westlake muzzle loaders are a modern revolver & a viable way to continue target shooting - I imagine you can have a number of pre-loaded cylinders if you choose?
Each cylinder is regarded as a firearm (in the same way as a sound moderator), as such you have to justify each one with 'good reason'. I don't think i've heard of anyone with more than 3 in total. Plus the cost is crazy in comparison to a regular magazine.
DVC
Jersey

#16 Post by Jersey »

Blackstuff wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:30 am
Jersey wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:39 pm
Each cylinder is regarded as a firearm (in the same way as a sound moderator), as such you have to justify each one with 'good reason'. I don't think i've heard of anyone with more than 3 in total. Plus the cost is crazy in comparison to a regular magazine.
I understand now.

Oddly, I've not come across any Jersey shooters with a sound suppressor.

The speed loaders seems a breeze now in comparison.

Here's a few of my earlier .357 handloads with 158gn heads.
I'm getting back into pistol reloading as soon as I locate 500 or so FMJ RN heads in both the 9mm & 45acp calibres, there doesn't seem to be much available at the moment - perhaps you've experienced similar?

Brendan
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#17 Post by Mattnall »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Graham M

#18 Post by Graham M »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#19 Post by bradaz11 »

for my 9mm pistols I am using los 9mm 124gr and 115gr fp bullets. but I have also used berry's. I was buying them from blackrifle but I think they have stopped suppling them now. I have also used H&N bullets and liked them, so would reccomend. but all those are plated, so I don't know about FMJ's

I think flecktarn are selling some at an ok price now. from a company called armaforce.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#20 Post by bradaz11 »

this is my S&W, but only 32H&R mag, not 357 like yours.
Picture1.jpg
Picture2.jpg

and this is one of my 9mm's. H&k p7 m8
Picture1.jpg
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns