FAC renewal

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
redcat
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

Re: FAC renewal

#11 Post by redcat »

Durham - £25. Six weeks from handing in at the surgery to getting it back. Practice manager said it was not a "high priority". Probably took the doctor 3 or 4 minutes to do while he had a coffee break.
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
fra150l

#12 Post by fra150l »

My GP listed renewal on their site £60. Took my forms in and was told it will be up to 6 weeks. Get this... The reason was 'all your records are stored off site and takes time to get them back'. I was tempted to ask had they not been put on computer and what would happen if I made an appointment would that also be a 6 week delay?
However I also though if I started to ask too many questions then it would defiantly take 6 weeks. Two weeks later I had a text to say come and pay fee and collect results (completed form).

What was a pain was the online FAC renewal form where I had to list every firearm (make, model, type, serial number etc) and ammunition quantity all of which they already have.
Pete
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by Pete »

Our online application had a place for attaching a scan of the med forms, and our shooting history files off the NRA website ........all very easy, quick, and no postage costs.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Alpha1

#14 Post by Alpha1 »

So help me out here a straight forward question are they going to supply me with a copy of my medical records or are they going to send them to my licencing department.
Blackstuff

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

Neither. There is a tick box proforma to be completed by a GP. They will complete it and either give that back to you to pass on or send it direct to your FLD.

No one in the FLD is qualified to look through your medical history for relevant conditions/make an assessment of whether any conditions you may or may not have are 'relevant'.
DVC
Alpha1

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

They charged me £40.00 I can live with that.
dta europe

#17 Post by dta europe »

I have used and know Shoot Cert well, they offer an excellent service and are well regarded by the police.

https://www.shootcert.co.uk/

Ewen
MistAgain

#18 Post by MistAgain »

dta europe wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:59 am I have used and know Shoot Cert well, they offer an excellent service and are well regarded by the police.

Ewen
£90.00 is daylight robbery .

The question is , do they place a flag in the patient’s medical record to alert clinicians to the patient’s status as a firearms certificate holder ?.

Or do they inform your own doctor that you are a FAC/SGC holder . ?
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#19 Post by Dellboy »

My GP now refuses (will be interesting when i tell them it infringes on my business as an RFD )
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Blackstuff

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

MistAgain wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:20 am
dta europe wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:59 am I have used and know Shoot Cert well, they offer an excellent service and are well regarded by the police.

Ewen
£90.00 is daylight robbery .

The question is , do they place a flag in the patient’s medical record to alert clinicians to the patient’s status as a firearms certificate holder ?.

Or do they inform your own doctor that you are a FAC/SGC holder . ?
Its up to the surgery to add the marker, and the Police to inform the surgery surely?
DVC