Just a word of caution regarding nato 7.62 brass.

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Just a word of caution regarding nato 7.62 brass.

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

I have reamed hundreds sorry thats the wrong description de burred hundreds of GGG cases in 308/7.62 over the years and never had a problem I suspect you are cutting the the primer pocket deeper than it should be.
I use a LE.Wilson trimmer with a LE.Wilson primer pocket trimmer with out any issues. If you are binning the cases I would take them of your hands. But before you atempt to remove the crimp.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

You do not need to ream the primer pockets you just need to remove the crimp. It takes no time at all.
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#13 Post by ukrifleman »

SDC10713.JPG
SDC10712.JPG
My method of de-priming and removing the primer crimp from Berdan cases using a Lee chamfer tool and pin.
drone

#14 Post by drone »

81 primer indent.jpg
Looks like it was sh1te on the firing pin after all, this is one of 5 cases that I just set the primer off to annoy the wife and gee up the lab!
One thing it's worth pointing out is that the primers actually moved back to just proud of the case head by a midges dick, but they all went bang.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#15 Post by dromia »

Primer movement is common in low or no (as in this case) pressure firings.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Itsfatty
Home club or Range: BCRPA

#16 Post by Itsfatty »

I’ve tried removing the crimp on GGG 7.62 and 5.56 with both a chamfering tool and an actual proper RCBS primer swager tool and although both are quick and easy and both get the job done I prefer the chamfering method, only thing I will say is that the proper tool is more consistent, I did find seating primers a little harder though