Forum

Noteworthy forum events and somewhere to post details of shoots and events for your local and national clubs. PLEASE SEE POST ABOUT GDPR.

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Re: Forum

#31 Post by Christel »

I am in dialogue with the host ATM, I am not happy about the quoted server price for reasons outside of the forum. Once I know for certain what the price is to stay here for another year I will post here.
Christel
Site Admin

#32 Post by Christel »

The other thing I would like to state is that I am more than happy to continue with the forum. Just not fund it.
Geek
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#33 Post by Geek »

Once you have decided what to do, if you keep the forum going I am willing to make a contribution.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Plumose
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#34 Post by Plumose »

I am an occasional poster and a reasonably regular reader.

I have learnt a fair bit from the forum and would like it to keep going, and will try and contribute to the running of it again in the future.

As an additional note the SSL certificate has expired, it might be worth looking to see if the platform supports Lets Encrypt as that would stop this from happening and would reduce one cost as it is free
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
jan8p

#35 Post by jan8p »

Christel if you don't mind sharing, how much are you paying for hosting?

I host some other small sites on servers I have (although I am not a web host), I may be able to help if you can send me some details.
Practical shooter

#36 Post by Practical shooter »

Hi All,
I must say it is sad to read it may come to an end but i am unsurprised.

I have been on this site for a while under this user name and a previous one I lost the details for and must say everyone has always been very helpful as well as supportive.

The problem that I see is that sadly folk struggle to have time for forums due to work and family life, we appear to work more hours now sadly and let's address the elephant in the room that uk shooting sports is dying, this I feel is by design.

I'd be interested to see what the average age is for forum users here, sadly we are dinosaurs.

If we get a funding target I'd happily chip in to help achieve another year or two but let's be honest the end appears to be in sight.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#37 Post by dodgyrog »

Well what can I say?
After 63 years of shooting I am considered unworthy to hold an FAC nor SGC courtesy of lies and corruption by the boys (and girls) in blue.
More and more good shooters are losing their licences for various reasons and the Police have deep pockets if you go to court (I am £20,000 down due to legal fees)
It is plain to see that the shooting sports are in terminal decline, I am very sad to say! The politicians and the Establishment hate us and that is plain to see.
The forum reflects this state of affairs and is in its' declining years.
I will continue to contribute out of loyalty however as I have made some friends on here,
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Jorden
Home club or Range: ponteland

#38 Post by Jorden »

If 50% of readers could be persuaded to donate, how much would each need to pay?
John Gunn
Home club or Range: Bisley

#39 Post by John Gunn »

Please don't quit!!
The more it's made difficult for me , the more I will strive to keep doing it!!
Keep going please and I will contribute. - as I do to the Free Speech Union and other "populace" organisations.

Thanks Dave
proteus
Home club or Range: Bisley

#40 Post by proteus »

I'm probably amongst those who count in the get enough posts to use buy and sell, I've probably posted once or twice otherwise. Generally everything I've wanted to ask can be found and I don't really have anything to add on other threads. The forum doesn't really lend itself to posting in the same way as FB, I rarely look in here as a result unless it's something I think I'm likely to find an answer on here.

My suggestion would be to just charge everyone a couple of quid for access to the buy and sell and use that to pay for the forum or archive it for reference.