New Security at Bisley

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: New Security at Bisley

#21 Post by Mike357 »

Off topic or what :lol:

We do love to bash the NRA at every opportunity! :lol:
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Robin128

#22 Post by Robin128 »

No NRA bashing, slanging off etc...thankyou!

:lol:
karen

#23 Post by karen »

You can slag off the NRA all you want but try and have actual facts to back up your story and not just something overheard in a bar or your mate told you after he heard it from someone elses brothers milkman so it must be true :shock:

Constructive criticism is great and we welcome it.

If you want to slag off the NRA feel free to do so BUT please listen when someone from the NRA explains what the actual truth is and accept that they might know what they are talking about.

Its much better for the NRA to be able to squash incorrect rumours than have shooters complain about them for years to come.

There is no "Camo ban" - we just ask shooters to dress appropriately for the conditions. There is a rule where if someone is dressed inappropriately (ie they look like Rambo or, in the case of TR, haven't tied their cravat properly :lol: ) then we can do something about it but if you want to wear camo go right ahead.

Love

karen
Robin128

#24 Post by Robin128 »

karen wrote:Its much better for the NRA to be able to squash incorrect rumours than have shooters complain about them for years to come.
:goodjob: :clap: :good:
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#25 Post by the running man »

Karen,nobodys slagged off the nra. and im glad youve clarified the informal ban thing.

As i dont drink myself ive heard nothing down the pub as i dont go to them!!!

Back to the o.p. any new security would be better than the no security we have now.
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
targetman

#26 Post by targetman »

Dougan....you are banging your head against a very flinty wall................there are some who, apparently, only see Pimms drinking Porsche drivers at Bisley........as I have said on this Forum before, several times, I have been going to Bisley on an almost weekly basis for 40 years and I do not recognise the people thus described. I am not sure where abouts in Bilsey they actually go but at anytime behind the firing points, any day, you are very unlikely to see a Porsche. You might see one when some of the Government/Civil Service/ Police Service/Local Council are using the Pavillion for a meeting/conference but probably only then.
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#27 Post by Strangely Brown »

the running man wrote:This was my reply to the letter.

Also lets reintroduce a strict ban on camoflage clothing at bisley for non military personel. Hopefuly this will keep some of the bad attitudes away.
I'm getting more than a little tired by some of the nonsense regarding the NRA and what it stands for by some members of this forum.

Lets start by quoting the Bisley Bible 2011, Civilian Service Rifle/Practical Rifle.
Clothing.
Para 400 Page 90
The wearing of the UK military issue sniper smock is allowed

Why do people have to knock other peoples disciplines when they know nothing about them and don't participate, and before I am asked, I shoot both service rifle and TR!

And just another thought have any of you NRA knockers bothered to buy a copy of the NRA hand book (Bisley Bible)?
Mick
Dougan

#28 Post by Dougan »

targetman wrote:Dougan....you are banging your head against a very flinty wall................there are some who, apparently, only see Pimms drinking Porsche drivers at Bisley........as I have said on this Forum before, several times, I have been going to Bisley on an almost weekly basis for 40 years and I do not recognise the people thus described. I am not sure where abouts in Bilsey they actually go but at anytime behind the firing points, any day, you are very unlikely to see a Porsche. You might see one when some of the Government/Civil Service/ Police Service/Local Council are using the Pavillion for a meeting/conference but probably only then.
I don't mind banter and a bit of 'p***-take' (I'll get to Karen in a minute :P ) - but it is the fact that some actually believe it that gets me....

There is such a mix of people in my TR club...but the thing they all have in common, is that they're decent people...which might be why I get defencive on the matter.

Anyway, I done 'debating' - if you don't like TR... :55:
Dougan

#29 Post by Dougan »

karen wrote: There is a rule where if someone is dressed inappropriately (ie they look like Rambo or, in the case of TR, haven't tied their cravat properly :lol: )
:lol: Don't you start!... :D
Dougan

#30 Post by Dougan »

Bisley Bible.jpg
It covers: civilian service rife, practical rifle, F class, match rifle, miscellaneous rifle, pistol and gallery rifle, service weapons....and then at the back of the book...TR :good: