Weedon Royal Ordnance Depot

Somewhere to share your tales, anecdotes and memories from past days.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please remember to respect the copyright of the author. Please do not post content from this section elsewhere without the specific permission of the author.
Ovenpaa

Weedon Royal Ordnance Depot

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Anyone that owns a P14 is going to be familiar with the term 'Weedon Repair Standard' (WRS) Well here it is. Weedon Royal Ordnance Depot visited a few days ago when we were out exploring.

You can find out more about it here: http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/site ... ndex.shtml
Weedon1.JPG
Weedon2.JPG
Weedon3.JPG
I had wanted to have a wander around or at least walk in a bit for some better pictures but the place which is probably individual units now has a security man that was not even happy about me walking up to his hut so these are snaps from the outside.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G

Re: Weedon Royal Ordnance Depot

#2 Post by Sim G »

Get a hard hat, a high viz, pair of work boots and a clip board......

My mate who was a probabtion officer watched the Chatham dockyards being refurbished and rebuilt whilst on his lunch hours! Used to don his "disguise" and wander on site purposely saying "Health & Safety" as he walked past the security hut!

He was never asked any questions at all......
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
BobSki
Home club or Range: Warwickshire Armourers - Kingsbury

Re: Weedon Royal Ordnance Depot

#3 Post by BobSki »

I live 4 miles from there. My step son used to work for an antique manufacturer/restorer in one of the units. It has been separate industrial units for years. It used to be on my beat too, so had a few cups of tea in the security hut in the past.