Trigger Job CZ452 .22lr

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Vagabond

Trigger Job CZ452 .22lr

#1 Post by Vagabond »

Seeking help and advice from the initiated. Maybe this is one for Robin 128.
I have just acquired a CZ 452 .22 in synthetic. Not a bad little rifle but the trigger is somewhat stiff, heavy and creepy.
I believe Rimfire Magic do a trigger job for the 452 at £14. Has any one had any experience of one and how easy is it to fit oneself?

Vagabond
Robin128

Re: Trigger Job CZ452 .22lr

#2 Post by Robin128 »

You need one that includes a new trigger/sear assembly ...watch out for the fiddly ball bearing...it might flick out...I have a supply of these bearings if you loose it :oops:

This one is brilliant.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2570 ... LE-TRIGGER
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#3 Post by the running man »

I bought the kit and fitted it to my 452 .17hmr and its great!! Did it 4-5 year ago now,the kit has 4 springs for different lightnesses (if there is such a word) of trigger pull,it comes with full instructions but will require a small drill bit and a drill. its dead easy to do and you wont regret it...........
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#4 Post by the running man »

The kit from rimfire magic is quite sufficent.
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Dave 101

#5 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi

I have a BRNO Model 4 and a CZ 452 , I have never bothered with a trigger kit , is all I did was to cut a new spring from a Ruger 10/22 bolt return spring , it gives a lighter pull weight and I found that sufficient .
A tip when you are doing the dissasembly do it inside a plastic bag then if [ and it will ] the indent BB flies off its not going to get lost .
When knocking out the pins in the trigger group you will need to file the end of the pins a little to remove the fold over and make sure it is well supported before knocking the pins out as you could crack the other parts , same applies when peening the pins after reassembly .
Yo Dave kits are good as well . Have a look on youtube for how to vids .

Dave
Ballistol

#6 Post by Ballistol »

Hi,

Another vote for the rimfiremagic kit, and I quote from their site.

"CZ 452 and 455 rifles
We are now producing our own version of a well known US made kit for this value for money rifle. The kit fits both .22 and .17 calibres. We have simplified the kit and included a printed set of instructions together with photographs. Cost is just £12.00 from our shop or £14.00 delivered in the UK."
Doz

#7 Post by Doz »

Another plus for the Rimfire Magic kit - does the job brilliantly for hardly any money.
Vagabond

#8 Post by Vagabond »

Gentlemen,
Thank you all for your help and advice. Robin 128 I take note of your recommendation, however I not sure how long it would take to receive a order from the US coupled with the uncertainty of export regulations and customs regulations in this country; so I think I will settle for the Rimfire Magic kit. Thank you all the same.

Vagabond
Robin128

#9 Post by Robin128 »

Vagabond,

If the RimfireMagic kit works...I think it's just bushings to take up the creep...then ok...otherwise count on a month from USA.

You can get them 'here'...but not cheap...

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpa ... mid=546456

or ...

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpa ... mid=677306

:good:
Vagabond

#10 Post by Vagabond »

Hi rob,
Many thanks for the links. Yes very expensive. I think for £14 I will give the Magic a try first. If it does't work I will have to think again. It is for vermin shooting, not paper.

Vagabond.