Ka-Bar knives and the Zombie apocalypse.

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Christel
Site Admin

Ka-Bar knives and the Zombie apocalypse.

#1 Post by Christel »

http://www.guns.com/ka-bar-getting-good ... lypse.html

Article made me smile.
I have never seen one so I do not know if they are any good.
Anyone?
Chuck

Re: Ka-Bar knives and the Zombie apocalypse.

#2 Post by Chuck »

I got the black USMC style Kabar with serrations on the blade, nice bit of kit, complete with scabbard etc etc

https://www.kabar.com/product/productDe ... y/Tactical

You can just see it at the bottom of the zombie kit piccies I posted a while back, you could shave with it (well not you, I mean me).

Mrs T has a mini version made by S&W, I think it's the Search and Rescue model...comes with sharpening stone too.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Hmm.... I feel the need for another knife, it is ages since I got the last one.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bravo24

#4 Post by bravo24 »

Hmm

a Rambo style survival knife wth compass and small survival kit in the handle, bought off the net about 5 yrs ago,
the other one is the same only a little smaller which has a sharpening stone with it also off the net at the same time
etprescottuk

#5 Post by etprescottuk »

Kabar's are nice heavy duty knives. Use to be able to pick one up reasonable priced, these days they are selling for good numbers upwards of $75.00 if your lucky, more now, though for camping out or whatever need just a good old fashioned tough knife.
ronboy

#6 Post by ronboy »

Hi, Sunday we went to a birthday party at our favourite pub and Maraget made a very nice cake. On leaving home I realised she had brought a damn big carving knife with us. My thoughts were how do we explain to plod, on our way home it was for cutting a cake. By the way I never drink and drive or handle guns. Ronboy
Ballistol

#7 Post by Ballistol »

Zombie apocalypse?

This set fits the bill http://www.gerbergear.com/Apocalypse/Ge ... _30-000601
DL.

#8 Post by DL. »

ovenpaa wrote:Hmm.... I feel the need for another knife, it is ages since I got the last one.

So do I, for outdoors work, I've been after a Spec-Plus for years.
Porcupine

#9 Post by Porcupine »

Just to add: Ka-Bar make some nice knives for the money. The Becker line (Ka-Bar bought Becker Knife and Tool some time ago) are great overbuilt outdoor knives, as are the utility type fixed-blade Ka-Bars. The USMC style fighting knives are good at what they are designed for, but also make good hunting knives or passable outdoor knives if you grind off the guard protruding from the spine (which just gets in the way for utility). The TDI is a great little everyday carry knife for self defence, especially for people with little or no training (it's very natural, works just like a claw). The Steve Johnson designed Baconmaker is one of the better affordable fixed fighters and quite striking to look at.

Their folding knives are budget knives so don't expect anything spectacular but offer great value for money. Great no nonsense everyday carry designs (especially the Dozier line), built well enough, though budget materials.

For the money you really can't go wrong, at least at the lower end. Once you start getting into the premium versions of the USMC like the D2 Extreme you're much better off with something from a company like ESEE knives or Bark River Knife and Tool.

The basic USMC knife is $45 on Amazon, and the folding knives are there for as little as $16.
Oddbod

#10 Post by Oddbod »

I'm catholic in my choice of blades, with no single make being a favourite.
I use a CRKT M21 all day & every day for everything from opening boxes to cutting up my lunch.
I have a classic folding Buck Hunter that goes in my pocket when out on the farms, though it has been replaced for use on rabbits by a really neat little fixed blade Gerber caping knife.
I use a Kershaw Deer Hunter when bigger tasks are to hand & waiting for me over the Pond is one of the new Ken Onion skinners - I have one of his Leeks too.
For zombies I'll fall back on a nice hefty L1A1 bayonet that happens to be lying around the house...