308 Tulammo

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

froggy

308 Tulammo

#1 Post by froggy »

Salut,

This W-E I was in France and shoot some Russian manufactured 308 made by Tulammo in a friend Fal . Nothing sexy, a bit of prone & standing between 50 to 100 meters max (range limitation) and they cycled perfectly well. Incidently I shoot Wolf & Tulammo in my AR and I seem to have more duds in 223.
I am sure it's definitly not match quality but it's €290/1,000 which works out less than £ 26/100 so it was perfect for our fun-shoot.
I just did a quick internet search and can not see any in the UK. Does anybody know if they are available here ?
Ovenpaa

Re: 308 Tulammo

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Tulammo, not heard of it but I have heard of the Tula arsenal, I wonder if they are connected.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#3 Post by bobbob »

Did a quick Google search and came up with this amongst other info.
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Dave 101

#4 Post by Dave 101 »

Them good ol boys know all about gun safety and muzzle direction , just stand a loaded M4 up behind the table , hope it doesnt fall over .

Dave
Robin128

#5 Post by Robin128 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

One born every minute...what a piltchard! Doesn't even look where he is pointing it when he pulls the trigger.

Does he know what a ND is?? How many does he have per day?
Noz_God

#6 Post by Noz_God »

:bad: :bad: :bad:

I dont want to be eny where near them

ATB Simon
Oddbod

#7 Post by Oddbod »

Polymer coated steel cased Tulammo is what used to be marketed as Wolf in the US.
Apart from the odd smell, the only issue I had was erratic cycling in an L1A1 & that wont be of any concern here. Accuracy was around 3-4MOA which was adequate for iron sights & shooting 3 gun.
R.G.C

#8 Post by R.G.C »

froggy wrote:Salut,

This W-E I was in France and shoot some Russian manufactured 308 made by Tulammo in a friend Fal . Nothing sexy, a bit of prone & standing between 50 to 100 meters max (range limitation) and they cycled perfectly well. Incidently I shoot Wolf & Tulammo in my AR and I seem to have more duds in 223.
I am sure it's definitly not match quality but it's €290/1,000 which works out less than £ 26/100 so it was perfect for our fun-shoot.
I just did a quick internet search and can not see any in the UK. Does anybody know if they are available here ?
Froggy,

Surprised on the availability of this ammo here? Might have crossed a border?.

Are they steel cases?

R.G.C
froggy

#9 Post by froggy »

Re- RGC,

Sry for the late reply I was away - Yes they were steel case.
rufrdr

#10 Post by rufrdr »

Here in the U.S. I shoot Tula/Wolf .223 out of my AR15A2 and Saiga with no problem, ditto for .308 out my Browning 1919 but I believe it is because both have chrome lined chambers. I read of a lot of complaints from semi auto shooters with stuck cases whose rifles do not have chrome lined chambers. The .308 shoots fine but interestingly I get an enormous fireball at the muzzle on the Browning on the first shot of each new belt when using Tula. It only happens after the first belt has been fired. Something is building up there from the Tula ammo that doesn't happen with other ball ammo.

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper