Richard Stork Engineering

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

Richard Stork Engineering

#1 Post by meles meles »

Another excellent gonneshoppe and a truly superb gunsmith ! I've just purchased two rifles from Richard and can highly recommend him! Plenty of time to chat and demonstrate, a nice selection of unusual rifles and service that can't be faulted !
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Ovenpaa

Re: Richard Stork Engineering

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Mauser actioned?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Any chance of some contact details please?

:D
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#4 Post by meles meles »

Richard sells a wide range of excellent rifles and shot guns, most of them unusual, rare, curious or otherwise different from the run of the mill. Service is superb ! The link http://www.guntrader.co.uk/DealerSearch ... 5170928352 - will provide contact details and a small indication of his stock list - he has far more than this in stock ! Tell him a badger sent you...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Robin128

#5 Post by Robin128 »

We are losing our good gunsmiths from our shops...and I'm not sure we are training any replacements...they should spend some time with the customers this side of the counter.

;)
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

My local Gunsmith is probably just into his 70's, has a wealth of experience and nobody to replace him when he eventually walks away from his shed. I asked him why he had never trained anyone up and he replied nobody in his family was really interested and if you take a youngster on board they walk away after a couple of years and set up in direct competition with a fraction of the experience needed which brings a bad name on the trade.

His business card says rifle maker, and he can as well.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Scotsgun

#7 Post by Scotsgun »

I tried to get an apprenticeship when i was a teenager, i really did. Despite having solid, good grades and being willing to move anywhere in the UK i got absolutely nowhere.
It was impossible to get into the business despite being an active shooter and having an aptitude for engineering (i later gained a degree in aero engineering).
Robin128

#8 Post by Robin128 »

Scotsgun wrote:I tried to get an apprenticeship when i was a teenager, i really did. Despite having solid, good grades and being willing to move anywhere in the UK i got absolutely nowhere.
Was that because you don't suffer fools gladly, Marc?

O:-)
Scotsgun

#9 Post by Scotsgun »

Seriously, couldn't get a look in, mate. Just about everyone i contacted stated that they weren't or had no plans to offer apprenticeship. A couple even seem surprised and a little concerned that a 'teenager' would own and use firearms. A few commented that i'd be better off looking for a job elsewhere as they'd likely be the last in the business! It was actually quite depressing.

A few offered to keep my CV, just incase they decided to start apprenticeships but that was it. I eventually ended up at RollsRoyce, before joining the army.
Robin128

#10 Post by Robin128 »

You come over as a hard working, self made man...and you showed them.

:good: :goodjob: