Wot Boots?

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Nick

Re: Wot Boots?

#21 Post by Nick »

Muck Boots, absolutely brilliant, my whole family has them. Charles P and myself use them when training at the NRA. I also use them when rough/vermin shooting and clay shooting as well. The cold doesn't seep up through the ground also my socks don't fall down either. Great for just plain walking about in the wet and cold countryside.

Usually on offer at the CLA Gamefair, well a few quid off!

http://www.jccountry.co.uk/acatalog/Muc ... fAodVDOwPw
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#22 Post by Mike357 »

Recently got a pair of Bates boots. One weekend to break in, very light and incredibly comfortable. They do smell very "leathery" even they are leather/cordura.

Great work/ uniform boot.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Geordie bloke

#23 Post by Geordie bloke »

Merrell Chameleon Evos Goretex shoes for day to day use and Solomon Quest 4Ds for range use and after ski as well.
Both very comfortable and never let me down when its chucking it down.
I now work in the Footwear dept at Go Outdoors so have tried on most boots (Meindl, Brashers, Scarpa etc) and none come close to being as comfortable as the Merrells and Quests. Plus I can get them dead cheap with my staff discount card if they go t*ts up!!!!
Plus I get to kneel before some very pretty ladies to put their shoes / boots on. Perks of the job eh!!!