Practical shotgunning

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

johngarnett
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

Practical shotgunning

#1 Post by johngarnett »

I have a FAC renewal coming up and feel the need for a S1 shotgun (after Santa's bills been settled!)

Could I ask for any suggestions re best models for both target shotgun and practical please?

Thanks all.

Happy Xmas etc

JohnG :cornwall:
spud

Re: Practical shotgunning

#2 Post by spud »

id say a benneli
John MH

#3 Post by John MH »

John

A Benelli M2 is what I use for Target Shotgun as I don't do Practical, can't be bothered with all the UKPSA stuff. If I get a chance to get down to Zelah over Christmas and New Year you can give it a go.

John MH
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

Auto - Benelli M2 or Winchester SX3

Pump - Benelli Supernova or Remmy 870

LET 'ER RIP!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWq2mM57 ... re=related[/youtube]
DVC
johngarnett
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#5 Post by johngarnett »

Thanks guys. Looks like a Benelli it is then.

Now to do some paperwork.......

'Dear Santa,
You know I've been good, very good, this year. Well,.........'

JohnG
Chuck

#6 Post by Chuck »

Looks like fun that 2 gun stuff...
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

I've had a number of S1 shotguns. Mossberg 500, Remy 1100, Remy 870...... they've all gone now in favour of the Benelli M2. Expensive, relatively, but worth it IMO.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#8 Post by Blackstuff »

Chuck wrote:Looks like fun that 2 gun stuff...
Get yourself down to Carlisle and give it a go Chuck there's a lad from your gun club that comes down regular
DVC
Dangermouse

#9 Post by Dangermouse »

JG,

The Benelli would be my choice if I could justify spending that kind of money, but I would also say have a look at the Saiga 12 shotguns http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/firearms_saiga12.htm

At one point they were considered a bit of a joke and whenever we had one turn up there were always knowing glances that this competitor would not finish the course of fire - usual with the magazine dropping out.
With the latest build this dose not happen (don't buy a S/H model) and having spoken with the lads who went to Europe to the world champs, the Saiga's were ruling the roust - all be it heavily worked on examples.
They are not to my taste but should not be totally ignored,

DM
saddler

#10 Post by saddler »

John MH wrote:John

A Benelli M2 is what I use for Target Shotgun as I don't do Practical, can't be bothered with all the UKPSA stuff. If I get a chance to get down to Zelah over Christmas and New Year you can give it a go.

John MH
...MUST be a section 2 one you have, as it'd not legal to use/borrow a Section 1 SG unless it is on your own FAC :squirrel:

The Benelli's are a long recoil action semi auto; as is the Browning Auto-5

I know which has had more decades of trouble free service & can be picked up 2nd-hand for more "normal" prices

For most S.1 shotgun comps I use a Rem 870 pump - though 2012 WILL see my Auto-5 getting a Nordic magazine extension - that way I can shoot the same stages twice over; once with the pump & again with the semi

Whatever you end up buying - you'll have a lot of fun using it....but practice doing fast reloads!!