NRA staff?

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: NRA staff?

#101 Post by Alpha1 »

Yawn. Boring boring can we not change the subject this has been flogged to death.
Christel
Site Admin

#102 Post by Christel »

Alpha1 wrote:Yawn. Boring boring can we not change the subject this has been flogged to death.
If you are not interested in this thread why do you read it and why do you post in it?
Because posts are being made to this thread there are obviously people who do not think it has been flogged to death.
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#103 Post by M99 »

@ Ginger

Apologies for my outburst, it was not called for.

I asked the question a public forum (As I had done previous) in the hope that the answer would be of benefit to others and not just myself.

I am aware what Nick had posted - and I have tried "other" channels but still have not got an answer!

The NRA needs to move forward and in order to do so, it needs new members, a simple question was asked and no answer has been forthcoming - maybe in part this the reason why the NRA currently has around 6500 members.

Mike
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#104 Post by Alpha1 »

If you are not interested in this thread why do you read it and why do you post in it?
Because posts are being made to this thread there are obviously people who do not think it has been flogged to death.
Good point I keep reading the NRA stuff hoping I will find some usefull information.
But as thats not the case I guess you are right I should stop reading it.
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#105 Post by HeatherW762 »

'Now for me to join the NRA, it is £70 (Currently reduced to £45 for new members) - but what do I actually get for my pennies?

I am already a member of an affiliated club, so I get my SCC through them, on a good day Bisley would be 3 and a touch hours for me - so easily achievable - but add to the journey the cost of a target and I would save over £100 by shooting locally - I can shoot out to 600 yards within a 45 minutes drive and out to a 1000 with just over an hours drive.

I am a trade member of BASC, for which I get my shooting insurance (x2) and a host of other useful bits.

So come on - sell the NRA to me as a prospective member, I am a FAC holder and shooter, who is sat on the fence and undecided as to whether to part with my hard earned cash on NRA membership.'

Hi Mike,

Ideally I would have answered this a lot sooner but my head hasn't been in a good place recently (surprise, surprise) and I haven't kept up to date with all of the forum.

Benefits of membership are:

Support of the NRA in all matters connected with Target Shooting. This includes things like liaising with Landmarc when there are problems on MoD ranges, representation to the Home Office etc - the kind of things that it would be nice if we didn't have to!
To stand for General Council and vote at general meetings and elections - affecting things you don't like from the inside.
To receive a copy of the annual report
To receive the journal
To hire firearms - true, if you have your own it's not relevant but there may be occasion when you want to try something different or you have a failure in competition & need something quickly.
To purchase ammo - you can buy it on your membership card so long as you don't take it off site, again handy if trying something new.
Target hire at Bisley
Wear NRA colours - depends on how good/how proud you are of your achievement as to whether this is for you.
To Shoot in the Imperial meeting - you also don't have to pay meeting membership for other NRA competitions.
Admission to members enclosure - same comment as NRA colours really
To be covered under members insurance policy - covers all types of shooting both on the range and in the field
To be eligible for selection for GB & NRA teams
Membership of the NRA Shooting Club
Access to the Firearms Liaison Officer - help with firearms law/ FAC renewals/problems etc.
Support for range applications and safety certificates.

Additionally I am currently working on several projects/ideas to increase members benefits and will announce them as soon as I can.

Hope that helps

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#106 Post by dromia »

Thanks for that Heather so for someone who didn't visit Bisley then the benefits would be:

Support of the NRA in all matters connected with Target Shooting. This includes things like liaising with Landmarc when there are problems on MoD ranges, representation to the Home Office etc - the kind of things that it would be nice if we didn't have to! Where can we find out about this work, dates and minutes of meetings and such like?
Vote at general meetings and elections - affecting things you don't like from the inside. Are postal votes allowed in these?
To receive a copy of the annual report
To receive the journal
Wear NRA colours - depends on how good/how proud you are of your achievement as to whether this is for you. What exactly does this mean please Heather?
To be covered under members insurance policy - covers all types of shooting both on the range and in the field
Access to the Firearms Liaison Officer - help with firearms law/ FAC renewals/problems etc. Does this include legal cover or does the insurance have that?
Support for range applications and safety certificates. This is more for affiliated clubs than individuals?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
karen

#107 Post by karen »

Those are the "privileges" of membership which do sound a wee bit dull - theres a lot more to it than that!

Might dig out what I wrote before I was insulted but its at work so youll need to wait till tomorrow

Love

karen
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#108 Post by dromia »

:lol: :lol: Thank you Karen.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Quarters

#109 Post by Quarters »

To those that feel the NRA don't have much to offer them can I ask what it is that you do want from the NRA?
dromia
Site Admin

#110 Post by dromia »

Read my previous posts for my view on this.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!