Fired it!

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Mr_Logic

Fired it!

#1 Post by Mr_Logic »

I finally fired the new rifle! Mr Anselm, you did good sir!

Groups today were all < .75 MOA. Couple of groups were 4-shot plus a flyer. They were .323 and .1something.

Two 5 shot groups made in Prvi brass were .345 and .349. All with the 155.5 berger atop 46.0gr RE15.

Many thanks Ovenpaa for the bullets! Let me try the few scenars I have left then I think we'll be talking about me buying the rest of the batch from you...

Could someone with quickload see what it thinks velocity might be, as I couldn't chrono? Barrel is 30-inch 12-twist 5C. Seated to 2.250 (ogive), with federal 210M primer. Ta muchly!
Ovenpaa

Re: Fired it!

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have QL but my version does not list the 155.5's nor have I used RE15. It does sound like a very good start though :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

Good to hear mate :good:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Col

#4 Post by Col »

I have quickload,works fine on my lappy which runs on XP. But will not run on my home pc which runs on 7
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

My newer version runs on Win7 but the old version 3.0 will only run on XP, apart from 3.3 running on Win7 I cannot see much difference between the two and even the new one is missing some of the bullets and cartridges I use....
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mr_Logic

#6 Post by Mr_Logic »

Thanks Quick Load folks for looking at it anyway! Will chrono ASAP... This awful weather won't help mind :-(