BRNO ZKM 468

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Dave 101

BRNO ZKM 468

#1 Post by Dave 101 »

I had a morning at Basildon RPC today on the 50yd range , it was cold , gusty wind and a bit of drizzle but as its the first time I have been to the range for about 4 weeks and to meet up with one of my mates who I dont get to see that often it was a good morning out .
You have to take your own target board with you , so I made one that I could fold in half so its easy to fit in the boot of the car , Iam also working on a fold down bench rest table then these can be strapped onto an old pull along trolley .
I put a couple of small hooks on either side of the frame , for a bit of fun hang a golf ball one side and a tennis ball the other , these make nice reactive targets .
I just love this old BRNO ZKM 468 S/S .22 lr with a 4x Weaver scope , I did manage to hit the golf ball once standing unsupported . A swinging tennis ball is a challenge as well once you hit it .

It was just a bit to gusty for any descent groups today with the BRNO 4 . Still theres always next time .

Dave
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: BRNO ZKM 468

#2 Post by dromia »

Now thats a clasy looking Classic rig. :good: :grin:

I've lot of respect for the old BRNOs ass well as the old Weavers, I've one of them on my Slazenger 22 hornet. :grin:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#3 Post by dodgyrog »

I shot my first Practical Pistol comp there in 1979. Southern Area Champs as I recall.
I learned a lot, not least how to protect your doppies - I lost a load of S&W 45 ACP brass by being too slow - I learned quickly!!!
I also learned that a bog standard, out of the box Colt 45 ACP series 70 needs a lot of work to get it to work reliably.
Those were the fun days. Now only a memory.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

A classic looking rifle Dave, I like the target stand as well, very handy. Is that a bit of shock cord you are using to hold it in the upright position?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#5 Post by Dave 101 »

ovenpaa wrote:A classic looking rifle Dave, I like the target stand as well, very handy. Is that a bit of shock cord you are using to hold it in the upright position?
Yep a bungie from Halfords , 2 x screw in eyes and a screw in hook , when its open holds it to stop the wind blowing closed then when its folded flat round the leg to keep it closed .

Dave
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Now I am curious... what was on the face that had to be swirled out? ;)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#7 Post by Dave 101 »

ovenpaa wrote:Now I am curious... what was on the face that had to be swirled out? ;)
Its an estate agents board which had a company name , partial phone number and web address , which I didnt want to be seen for reasons of discretion . I was lucky enough to obtain about 30 new boards a couple years ago , free of charge from a company which goes round putting these boards up , I simply phoned them and asked if it was possible to have any old boards which were no longer of use . The lady said she had these as the order had been cancelled , all I had to do was collect them the only stipulation was that they werent dumped in public because someone may phone and complain to the estate agents . So a bottle of red wine as a thank you and I had a good supply of target boards .
At my other club where I shoot 25 yd indoors I made frames to take a whole board which is sufficient to take a UKBR .22 target , I made the frame with legs top and bottom so when one end becomes worn simply stand it up on the other end .

Dave
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ah, so they are made out of foamex I assume, it is great stuff for making 25m backing boards, does not go soggy when wet and lasts for a good time on the range. I used to look out for small sheets of the stuff left over from shows.
/d

Shed Journal