Black powder barrel source

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa

Black powder barrel source

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Google has not been my friend on this occasion so can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier of pistol barrel blanks suitable for black powder? Ideally in stainless with an octagonal finish but right now I have an open mind.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Black powder barrel source

#2 Post by Mike357 »

Could you not order a barrel from Henry Krank for one of their BP revolvers and then modify to suit?
The Uberti 1873, Remington 1858 and Euroarms Roger & Spencer all have barrels that are "straight" ie no additional metalwork to support the loading lever which you wont need if you are having a swing out cylinder.

The Roger & Spencer is available in stainless or London Grey and is octagonal. HTH.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Thanks Mike, I have ordered a catalogue so I can have a good look at what else they sell.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#4 Post by Mike357 »

There are detailed breakdowns of the three guns I mentioned in the catalogue which should help too. A couple appear to be threaded too which will make installation easier I would imagine.

You are way too patient, parts diagrams here - http://www.henrykrank.com/muzzle_loadin ... parts.html
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

:grin:

I had a look and the barrel has a cut out on the underside of the front however such a place could be a handy source for things like springs and the like that I cannot easily make myself.
/d

Shed Journal