Ideas needed ASAP

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
karen

Ideas needed ASAP

#1 Post by karen »

Hi all

This afternoon I was asked to come up with some ideas for increasing participation and revenue for the NRA by tomorrow morning sign01

I have a few ideas of my own but obviously it would be much better to get more input from more shooters.

So what new stuff do you guys want to see at Bisley?

What new competitions or events (shooting and non shooting) would you be interested in?

Please don't use this as an NRA bashing exercise - I really need your help tonight so I have something to keep people happy in the morning!

sign85

Love

Karen
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Ideas needed ASAP

#2 Post by Christel »

That was short notice!

Thinking...
karen

#3 Post by karen »

christel wrote:That was short notice!
Yep thats the problem and a lot depends on my answers :cry:

Love

Karen
JonC

#4 Post by JonC »

NRA shooting show, not somebody else running it.

Courses in different disciplines

Accomadation for general public (maybe not a great idea)

Try and tempt a big shop to setup on site, Sportsmans, etc

Ability for affiliated club members to upgrade to full membership

Some form of rifle trial or try scheme. Would need a range of rifles to be kept in tstock, but would allows several rifles to be tried under supervivion with an eye to buying from a shop or the range itself.
Last edited by JonC on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dougan

#5 Post by Dougan »

Hi Karen,

The discepline of .22 F Class has been discussed a few times on here - Shooters have to weigh up all the costs of a competition: Fees, ammo, travel, etc....Due to the low cost of ammo with .22, some may feel it worth having a go.....

I'll see if I can think of anything else later :-P

Good luck tomorrow :good:
Dougan

#6 Post by Dougan »

JonC wrote:Ability for affiliated club members to upgrade to full membership
:good:
Dave 101

#7 Post by Dave 101 »

+ 1 for .22 F class or even Tactical Precision but thats not even in this country yet [ as far as I know ] , but with anything someone has to be out there organising and setting up these things , and details of new ideas has to get out there so people can find out easily what is available , especialy to atrract novice shooters who may be put off by thoughts of elitist organisations .

Dave
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#8 Post by dromia »

Something meaningful for shooters who are out with the Bisley catchment so that they see membership of the NRA as being something worthwhile as currently if you don't shoot at Bisley then membership give no benefit that cannot be got elsewhere cheaper.

One of Bisley greatest strengths at Bisley is the experience and knowledge of shooters there combined with an established networkknowing who those people are. That resource of knowledge could be easily transported to the regions through courses, training weekends and summer schools at regional facilities and ranges. Organising such a national programme through the regional reps and the using NRAs central administrative capacity could generate income as well as increasing the potential for new members and starting the NRA to fulfilling its claimed national role.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

Hunting Field Shooting competition - Huge in Scandinavia so organise a UK championship and allow non NRA members to compete with a small additional fee to cover insurance. This could get BASC involved if needed and publicise it across all the relevant national organisations. I can put you in contact with the organisers in DK for this and the setup is not that involved.

What is being done with the Olympics? Any chance of a small revenue from that or getting hold of any of the equipment that will be redundant come the end. I appreciate a lot is more NSRA related but what about the Skeet stuff?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
John MH

#10 Post by John MH »

Reduce the Membership Fees and Range Hire Costs, its a gamble that might encourage more attendance.