What distance?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Chuck

What distance?

#1 Post by Chuck »

Quick question,

Using an AR (Sig) in 5.56mm , 16" barrel and 1:7 twist..assuming standard mil surp ammo (that's all I normally shoot) what would be the best distance wise one could expect shooting from a bipod, warm conditions generally.

My old AK shot Russian Barnaud ammo great up to 500 yards, pretty accurate too. Wondering what could be expected with a Sig 556 with scope and bipod?
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Ovenpaa

Re: What distance?

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have shot similar prone unsupported with military ammunition to 600m (656 yards) with quite good results.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Chuck

#3 Post by Chuck »

That'll do for me then. I did 500yard V Bulls with my old Saiga .223 on iron sights at Castlelaw Range in Edinburgh . Would assume quality make would do better, especially when supported and scoped.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
M99

#4 Post by M99 »

Chuck

You should achieve your aim (Crap pun) with the sig at 5/600 no problem, even with mil surp ammo.

Mike
Chuck

#5 Post by Chuck »

Cheers folks...That is well enough for our needs.

Chuck
froggy

#6 Post by froggy »

Re-Chuck

Will you be feeding GP 90 mil surp ammo to your new toy :grin:
Chuck

#7 Post by Chuck »

no idea, will see what is available..why? probably US milsurp....I hear they still have some :lol: