HS Precision PST-025 Stock - a decision

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

judders

HS Precision PST-025 Stock - a decision

#1 Post by judders »

Hi guys,

I ordered my first rifle a couple of weeks ago (Remy 700 PSS .308 from Armalon) but apparently they're out of stock at the distributors and no firm time is given for availability.

My options are:

A) Wait for the PSS to come into stock again.

B) Armalon have offered me a new Remy action and barrel but in a second-hand HS Precision PST-025 stock, for £250 more than I originally intended to pay. The PST-025 does also have an Anchutz style rail in the forend, which I would make use of(and would have to pay to be added to my PSS anyway) and apparently is in very good condition.

I know the original PSS stock is also HS Precision and I like it, but I've no experience of the HS PST-025.

My questions are:

1) Does anyone have experience with the HS PST-025 stock? Like or dislike?

2) What would you do?!

It's £250 I hadn't intended to spend, but it could be done. As always with these things, I'll probably make my own mind up eventually, but it'd be good to get some input from those with more experience.

Cheers,

Jud
Ovenpaa

Re: HS Precision PST-025 Stock - a decision

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I think Dangermouse has a HS Precision however I am not sure which model, might be worth a PM to see if he has a view on it.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

Juds

I think its the version with accessory rail, adjustable cheek piece, LOP and vertical pistolgrip then its defo worth it. i fitted a kartsen cheek piece to my standard hs stock and building up the grip with milliput to get a better trigger finger position.

Hth alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
judders

#4 Post by judders »

20series wrote:Juds

I think its the version with accessory rail, adjustable cheek piece, LOP and vertical pistolgrip then its defo worth it. i fitted a kartsen cheek piece to my standard hs stock and building up the grip with milliput to get a better trigger finger position.

Hth alan
I think it must be that version, because it has all of the things you listed.

They sent me this picture of it:
Attachments
PST-025.jpg
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by 20series »

judders wrote:
20series wrote:Juds

Hth alan
I think it must be that version, because it has all of the things you listed.

They sent me this picture of it:

I don't think you'd regret it for a minute, for me it'd be a no brainer but it's your money brother :good:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

That looks like DM's - I inletted different bottom metal to his, nice stock and not overly heavy either, that is also a good looking rifle and coming from Armalon it should be a shooter :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
judders

#7 Post by judders »

Cheers guys.

I was leaning towards the PST-025 anyway, primarily as I don't want to wait any longer. Decision made then. :good:
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#8 Post by 20series »

judders wrote:Cheers guys.

I was leaning towards the PST-025 anyway, primarily as I don't want to wait any longer. Decision made then. :good:

Good man, don't forget pictures when it arrives :cheers: y
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

:shakeshout: :shakeshout:
/d

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#10 Post by Mike357 »

Aye Judders, bite their hand off.

Well done, that has worked out a peach.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!