Reloading kit wanted

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
leebut

Reloading kit wanted

#1 Post by leebut »

Hi all

Just getting into reloading as just picked up a .17 remi fireball

looking for all things nice but without too high a price, also need a set of .17 fireball dies

regards

Lee
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

Re: Reloading kit wanted

#2 Post by the running man »

You be lucky,I wouldent wanna reload .17 fireball! Far too fiDdly! No one on here will shoot that! ........good round without wind though......as for cheap,well I can tell u now u pay peanuts ule get monkeys! Becase reloading gear aint cheap,u. Must buy the best you can,I've tried using cheap lee stuff and just got frustrated with the poor quality,rcbs and hornaday make good stuff for precision and rifle rounds but if you're churning out 1000 rounds of .44/45/38 then the dillon is the absolute king.......
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
leebut

#3 Post by leebut »

the .17 fireball don't have a problem in the wind (its the old urban myth again) we were shooting that up against .222 and .223 in open land in Buxton on saturday in pretty high winds and they all we're holding their own

when i asked about price i was hoping to be able to get hold of quality second hand gear from fellow shoots rather than pay the same for inferiour product at the gun shops

regards

lee
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#4 Post by the running man »

I don't believe you,I had a fireball it was great,but was wind affected,that's why I got rid of it........price,well keep checking on here,someone is always getting out of shooting or selling somink,pigeon watch and airgun bbs and the stalking directory also have for sale sections,good luck finding what you need......
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Tower75

#5 Post by Tower75 »

If you want a good "newbie's" relaoding kit, speaking as one myself, I suggest the LEE Anniversary reloading kit. Can be picked up from Midway UK for about £150.00

It comes with;

"O" press
Multiple locking rings for dies
Primer dispenser, both "Large" and "Small"
Case lube
Powder scales
Chamfer tool
Case trimming tool (you'll need to purchase LEE case guages for each calibre however)
Priming tool that fits into the "O" press

Everything you need to start, minus dies of course :good:
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
leebut

#6 Post by leebut »

Cheers for the info I'll get a look online this weekend problem going to be getting hold of the dies I think

Lee
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#7 Post by Mike357 »

+1 for Lee kit as a good starting point, apart from their beam scales which should be avoided like the plaugue. People will tell you tales of doom and gloom about Lee kit and yes, perhaps for ultra consistent competition ammo you's use something else start off with at least a Lee press.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

Do not buy that kit the scales are rubbish.
Buy a Lee cast press if you want and a auto prime and may be a set of there dies but dont touch any thing else they make.
spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

#9 Post by spud »

do you want me to source you one
ImageImage
leebut

#10 Post by leebut »

Hi can you get me some prices and availability for the dies they seem to be the problem at the minute

Cheers lee