Enfield & Snider Resource

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

ResearchPress
Home club or Range: Long Range Rifles Branch of the MLAGB

Enfield & Snider Resource

#1 Post by ResearchPress »

Just come across this excellent site on the Enfield muzzle loading rifle and the Snider, its breech loading successor. See: www.enfield-snider.com

David
www.researchpress.co.uk - www.facebook.com/ResearchPress
Firearms, long range target shooting and associated history
AL8

Re: Enfield & Snider Resource

#2 Post by AL8 »

looks interesting, thanks
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

Do you know who put the site together?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
ResearchPress
Home club or Range: Long Range Rifles Branch of the MLAGB

#4 Post by ResearchPress »

I don't know who the owner of the web site is.

David
www.researchpress.co.uk - www.facebook.com/ResearchPress
Firearms, long range target shooting and associated history
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

I pinged the site via the comments form and had a reply back a few days ago (Unfortunately I did not spot it :oops: ) The site is indeed UK based and run by a chap named Jon.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
JonHuggett

#6 Post by JonHuggett »

Hi Guys...I gather you like my site http://www.enfield-snider.com

I've been working on it on and off for 2 years but only published it to the web a couple of months ago. As you can guess it's a bit of a project in development as I have come accross the usual problem that some people are prepared to give just enough information to help, but not the full picture...I'm not saying I'm getting it right - but I'm trying to put enough facts out there for others to come to an informed opinion more easily.

Having said that, it has been good fun to put together and my HTML skills are getting better and better as is my shooting :0) - I'm off to Germany this year with the National Team (via the MLAGB) to shoot my original Private Purchase Enfield and an original Offhand rifle (.440) that I've just picked up - assuming I can make it shoot straight.

My aim by the end of the year is to get the site at the top of Google and then to try and make it pay its way somehow - so if anyone has any great ideas how to achieve this then please let me know :0)

Anyway best get on with some work....Ps I run under the name Redhugster on some of the other forums.

Have a great weekend -anyone making it up to Birmingham Arms Fair?

Jon (in Worcester)
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

Good to see you found the forum Jon and welcome to F-B(UK)

As far as improving the ranking of your site I assume you have set up all the normal keywords and tags etc? Get it in print on the internet as often as possible, you can start by putting it in your signature on here :good:

Making it pay, Hmmm.... well this forum has no external sponsorship or funding whatsoever which was a personal choice that will be stuck with as long as is humanly possible.

Have you considered a Twitter feed?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal