Single Point red dot scope mounts wanted

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
lapua338

Single Point red dot scope mounts wanted

#1 Post by lapua338 »

I've recently acquired a vintage Single Point (Great Britain Ltd) red dot scope.

It cost me nothing and doesn't look like it's been fitted to any rifle or shotgun judging by the unmarked condition of the tube. Apparently, it's been lying in someone's attic for 20 or so years.

It was supplied in a plain box and I'm not sure if this particular scope was for commercial sale.

Anyway, I'm actually looking for suitable rings to mount this on a SIG 522 integral Picatinny rail just for a trial period. I don't know if it will be any good for Gallery-type shooting.

The tube itself is slightly larger than 1". So if anyone has the appropriate mounts/rings or perhaps know where I could find something suitable then I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

I don't know much about the history of this brand of particular passive collimator/reflector-type scopes but I heard they're from the 1970's. I read somewhere that they were marketed by "Normark Corp" in the USA.
Attachments
singlepoint.jpg
nicklm

Re: Single Point red dot scope mounts wanted

#2 Post by nicklm »

wow that is old, got one of those mounted on an SLR top slide. I dont use it will see what mounts it has havent played with it for at least 20 years. :-)
lapua338

Re: Single Point red dot scope mounts wanted

#3 Post by lapua338 »

Thanks nicklm,

I will appreciate that.

I should've measured the tube diameter myself with a vernier caliper or something but it's definitely larger than 1".