Brno Mod 2 22lr extractor claws

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Flanker

Brno Mod 2 22lr extractor claws

#1 Post by Flanker »

My rifle is not ejecting rounds very well. Every 2-3 rounds it fails to eject, which is a real nuisance bunny bashing in the dark. I've stripped the bolt and one of the claws seems much less sharp than the other. I'm thinking of replacing them. Has anyone tried this? I'm wondering if the new claws will just drop straight in like the old ones do or need filing of any kind.
whoowhoop

Re: Brno Mod 2 22lr extractor claws

#2 Post by whoowhoop »

It seems a common problem in CZ's. I just give the chamber a brushing to remove all the lube and crud and give the bolt a going over with a toothbrush ( not mine - hers). Seems to do the trick for a while. Might be worth contacting CZ or Edgar Bros if you think you need to replace the claws and spring.
Happy is he, who goes out for the amusement of himself, and not for the amazement of others
Flanker

#3 Post by Flanker »

I'll try scrubbing the chamber first then.. the bolt is now spotless inside and out. sign92
Flanker

#4 Post by Flanker »

Flanker wrote:I'll try scrubbing the chamber first then.. the bolt is now spotless inside and out. sign92
That's made a difference, now ejects 9/10. sign92